1. Reynolds JC, Lai RW, Woodhead JS, Joly JH, Mitchell CJ, Cameron-Smith D, et al. MOTS-c is an exercise-induced mitochondrial-encoded regulator of age-dependent physical decline and muscle homeostasis. Nat. Commun 2021, 20; 12(1): 1-11.
2. De Ferranti S, Mozaffarian D. The perfect storm: obesity, adipocyte dysfunction, and metabolic consequences. Clin Chem 2008; 54 (6): 945-55.
3. Saltiel AR, Olefsky JM. Inflammatory mechanisms linking obesity and metabolic disease. J Clin Nvestigation 2017; 127 (1): 1-4.
4. Bherer L, Langeard A, Kaushal N, Vrinceanu T, Desjardins-Crépeau L, Langlois F, et al. Physical exercise training effect and mediation through cardiorespiratory fitness on dual-task performances differ in younger–old and older-old adults. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B 2021; 76(2):219-28.
5. Aydin S, Kuloglu T, Aydin S, Eren MN, Yilmaz M, Kalayci M, et al. Expression of adropin in rat brain, cerebellum, kidneys, heart, liver, and pancreas in streptozotocin-induced diabetes. Mol Cell Biochem 2013; 380(1): 73-81.
6. Ramezankhani A, Soori R, Ravasi A, Akbarnejad A. Comparison of aerobic exercise and caloric restriction on serum preptin levels and indicators of insulin resistance in obese sedentary women. Iran J Endocrinol Metabol 2015; 17: 15-308. [in Persian]
7. Ozkan Y, Timurkan ES, Aydin S, Sahin, Timurkan M, Citil C, et al. Acylated and desacylated ghrelin, preptin, leptin, and nesfatin-1 peptide changes related to the body mass index. Int J Endocrinol 2013; 2013:1-7.
8. El-Eshmawy M, Abdel Aal I. Relationships between preptin and osteocalcin in obese, overweight and normal weight adults. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 2015; 40(3): 218-22.
9. Cheng KC, Li YX, Asakawa A, Ushikai M, Kato I, Sato Y, et al. Characterization of preptin-induced insulin secretion in pancreatic K-cells. J Endocrinol 2012; 215: 439.
10. Aydin S. Three new players in energy regulation: preptin, adropin and irisin. Peptides 2014; 56:94-110.
11. Wong CM, Wang Y, Lee JTH, Huang Z, Wu D, Xu A, et al. Adropin is a brain membrane-bound protein regulating physical activity via the NB-3/Notch signaling pathway in mice. J Biol Chem 2014; 289(37): 25976-86.
12. Celik A, Balin M, Kobat MA, Erdem K, Baydas A, Bulut M, et al. Deficiency of a new protein associated with cardiac syndrome X; called adropin. Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2013; 31(3):174-8.
13. Kumar KG, Trevaskis JL, Lam DD, Sutton GM, Koza RA, Chouljenko VN, et al. Identification of adropin as a secreted factor linking dietary macronutrient intake with energy homeostasis and lipid metabolism. Cell Metab 2008; 8: 468-81.
14. Butler AA, Tam CS, Stanhope KL, Wolfe BM, Ali MR, O'keeffe M, et al. Low circulating adropin concentrations with obesity and aging correlate with risk factors for metabolic disease and increase after gastric bypass surgery in humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012; 97: 3783-91.
15. Shiroyeh A, Emami F, Sanaee M, Tarighi R. The Effect of Aerobic Training on Preptin, Adropin and Insulin Resistance in Overweight Men. J Ardabil Univ Med Sci 2020; 20 (4): 551-61. [in Persian]
16. Zaeimifard E, Arshadi S, Sohaily Sh, Banaeifar A. The effect of aerobic exercise on indicators of preptin, irizine and insulin resistance in obese women. Razi J Med Sci 2020; 27(2): 70-9. [in Persian]
17. Li N, Zheng YB, Han J, Liang W, Wang JY, Zhou JR, et al. Lower circulating preptin levels in male patients with osteoporosis are correlated with bone mineral density and bone formation. BMC Musculoskeletal Disor 2013; 14(1): 1-5.
18. Maarbjerg SJ, Sylow L, Richter EA. Current understanding of increased insulin sensitivity after exercise–emerging candidates. Acta Physiol (Oxf) 2011; 202: 323-35.
19. Alizadeh R, Golestani N, Moradi L, Rezaeinejad N. Effect of Aerobic Exercise with Maximal Fat Oxidation Intensity, on Adropin and Insulin Resistance among Overweight Women. Iran J Endocrinol Metab 2018; 20(2): 81-8. [in Persian]
20. Hosseini H, Abedi B, Fatolahi H. The Effect of Aerobic water-based training on Adropin levels, insulin resistance and Lipid profile in ageing Men. Yafte 2019; 21(1): 99-110. [in Persian]
21. Yosaee S, Khodadost M, Esteghamati A, Speakman JR, Shidfar F, Nazari MN, et al. Metabolic Syndrome Patients Have Lower Levels of Adropin When Compared With Healthy Overweight/Obese and Lean Subjects. Am J Mens Health 2017; 11(2): 426-34.
22. Kumar KG, Zhang J, Gao S, Rossi J, McGuinness OP, Halem HH, et al. Adropin deficiency is associated with increased adiposity and insulin resistance. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2012; 20: 1394-402.
23. Bahram ME, Afroundeh R, Pourvaghar MJ. The effect of 12 weeks of training with total body resistance on static and dynamic balance in older men. IJRN 2020; 6(4): 30-8. [in Persian]
24. Jackson AS, Pollock ML. Generalized equations for predicting body density of men. British J Nutrition 1978; 40(3): 497-504.
25. Borg G, Borg E, A new generation of scaling methods: level-anchored ratio scaling. Psychologica 2001; 28: 15-45.
26. Janot J, Heltne T, Welles Chelsea RJ, Anderson H, Howard A, Lynn MS. Effects of TRX versus traditional resistance training programs on measures of muscular performance in adults. J Sports Med 2013; 2(2): 23-38.
27. Ghaffarpour M, Houshiar R, Kianfar H. Household of scales guide, conversion coefficients and percent of edible food. Tehran, Publication Agricultural Sci 2000; 25: 24-9.
28. Matthews DR, Hosker JP, Rudenski AS, Naylor BA, Treacher DF, Turner RC. Homeostasis model assessment: insulin resistance and β-cell function from fasting plasma glucose and insulin concentrations in man. Diabetologia 1985; 28(7): 412-9.
29. Mohammad Rahimi GR, Bijeh N, Rashidlamir A. Effects of exercise training on serum preptin, undercarboxylated osteocalcin and high molecular weight adiponectin in adults with metabolic syndrome. Exp Physiol 2020; 105(3): 449-59.
30. Miladi Qomi H, Abedi B, Ramezani S. The effect of a period of circular resistance training on serum peptin levels and insulin resistance in men with type 2 diabetes. J Sports Biological Sci 2021; 13(3): 383-97.
31. Khosravianfar M, Jalali Dkordi Kh, Sharifi Gh, Jalali Dehkordi A. Comparison of the effect of a course of resistance, aerobic and combination exercises on serum irisin level and C-reactive protein in obese women. J Shahrekord Uni Med Sci 2018; 20(2): 13-23. [in Persian]
32. Rezaeimanesh D. The effect of aerobic interval training on preptin, lipid profile and CRP levels in overweight men. Ann RSCB 2021; 25(3): 317-24.
33. Chaweewannakorn C, Nyasha MR, Chen W, Sekiai S, Tsuchiya M, Hagiwara Y, et al. Exercise‐evoked intramuscular neutrophil‐endothelial interactions support muscle performance and GLUT4 translocation: a mouse gnawing model study. J Physiol 2020; 598(1): 101-22.
34. Akbari N, Peeri M, Azarbayjani MA, Delfan M. Comparison of the effect of 8 weeks of continuous and high intensity interval training on the gene expression of TIMP-2 and MMP-2 in male diabetic rats. Razi J Medical Sci 2019; 26(10): 107-16. [in Persian]
35. Ramezani N, Gaiini A, CHoobineh S, Kordi M, Baesi K. The Effect of resistance training on serum levels of RBP-4 and insulin resistance index in type 2 diabetic male rats. JNKUMS 2017; 9 (2): 147-57. [in Persian]
36. Frøsig C, Rose AJ, Treebak JT, Kiens B, Richter EA, Wojtaszewski JF. Effects of endurance exercise training on insulin signaling in human skeletal muscle: interactions at the level of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt, and AS160. Diabetes 2007; 56(8): 2093-102.
37. Kermani S, Alizadeh R, Moradi L. The effect of eight weeks of resistance training on adropin plasma level and insulin resistance index in overweight men. Sport Exercise Physiol 2021; 14(1): 31-7. [in Persian]
38. Fujie S, Hasegawa N, Sato K, Fujita S, Sanada K, Hamaoka T, et al. Aerobic exercise training induced changes in serum adropin level are associated with reduced arterial stiffness in middle aged and older adults. Am J Physiol Heart Circul Physiol 2015; 309(10): 1642-7.
39. Ardilouze JL, Fielding BA, Currie JM, Frayn KN, Karpe F. Nitric oxide and beta-adrenergic stimulation are major regulators of preprandial and postprandial subcutaneous adipose tissue blood flow in humans. Circulation 2004; 109(1): 47-52.
40. Lambadiari V, Triantafyllou K, Dimitriadis GD. Insulin action in muscle and adipose tissue in type 2 diabetes: The significance of blood flow. World J Diabetes 2015; 6(4): 626-33.
41. Tanabe T, Maeda S, Miyauchi T, Iemitsu M, Takanashi M, Irukayama-Tomobe Y, et al. Exercise training improves ageing - induced decrease in eNOS expression of the aorta. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica 2003; 178 (1): 3-10.
42. Gao S, McMillan RP, Zhu Q, Lopaschuk GD, Hulver MW, Butler AA. Therapeutic effects of adropin on glucose tolerance and substrate utilization in diet-induced obese mice with insulin resistance. Mol Metab 2015; 4(4): 310-24.
43. Ganesh Kumar K, Zhang J, Gao S, Rossi J, McGuinness OP, Halem HH, et al. Adropin deficiency is associated with increased adiposity and insulin resistance. Obesity 2012; 20(7): 1394-402.
44. Butler AA, Tam CS, Stanhope KL, Wolfe BM, Ali MR, O'Keeffe M ,et al. Low circulating adropin concentrations with obesity and aging correlate with risk factors for metabolic disease and increase after gastric bypass surgery in humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metabol 2012; 97(10): 3783-91.
45. Lovren F, Pan Y, Quan A, Singh KK, Shukla PC, Gupta M, et al. Adropin is a novel regulator of endothelial function. Circulation 2010; 122(11): 185-92.
46. Ozbay S, Ulupınar S, Şebin E, Altınkaynak K. Acute and chronic effects of aerobic exercise on serum irisin, adropin, and cholesterol levels in the winter season: Indoor training versus outdoor training. Chinese J Physiol 2020; 63(1): 21.
47. Eriksen L, Dahl-Petersen I, Haugaard SB, Dela F. Comparison of the effect of multiple short-duration with single long-duration exercise sessions on glucose homeostasis in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia 2007; 50(11): 2245-53.
48. Thapa D, Stoner MW, Zhang M, Xie B, Manning JR, Guimaraes D, et al. Adropin regulates pyruvate dehydrogenase in cardiac cells via a novel GPCR-MAPK-PDK4 signaling pathway. Redox Biol 2018; 18: 25-32.
49. Gao S, McMillan RP, Zhu Q, Lopaschuk GD, Hulver MW, Butler AA. Therapeutic effects of adropin on glucose tolerance and substrate utilization in diet-induced obese mice with insulin resistance. Mol Metab 2015; 4(4): 310-24.
50. Kramer HF, Witczak CA, Taylor EB, Fujii N, Hirshman MF, Goodyear LJ. AS160 regulates insulin-and contraction-stimulated glucose uptake in mouse skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem 2006; 281(42): 31478-85.
51. Ozbay S, Ulupınar S, Şebin E, Altınkaynak K. Acute and chronic effects of aerobic exercise on serum irisin, adropin, and cholesterol levels in the winter season: Indoor training versus outdoor training. Chin J Physiol 2020; 63(1): 21.