1. Kim Y, Je Y, Giovannucci EL. Association between dietary fat intake and mortality from all-causes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. Clin Nutr 2021; 40(3): 1060-70.
2. Wang DD, Hu FB. Dietary fat and risk of cardiovascular disease: recent controversies and advances. Annu Rev Nutr 2017; 37: 423-46.
3. Lee SD, Shyu WC, Cheng IS, Kuo CH, Chan YS, Lin YM, et al. Effects of exercise training on cardiac apoptosis in obese rats. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 2013; 23(6): 566-73.
4. Kessler EL, Rivaud MR, Vos MA, van Veen TA. Sex-specific influence on cardiac structural remodeling and therapy in cardiovascular disease. Biol Sex Differences 2019; 10(1): 1-11.
5. Kim N-H, Kang PM. Apoptosis in cardiovascular diseases: mechanism and clinical implications. Biol Sex Differ 2010; 40(7): 299-305.
6. Baghaiee B, Bayatmakoo R, Karimi P, Pescatello L. Moderate Aerobic Training Inhibits Middle-Aged Induced Cardiac Calcineurin-NFAT Signaling by Improving TGF-ß, NPR-A, SERCA2, and TRPC6 in Wistar Rats. Cell J (YAKHTEH) 2021; 23(7): 756-62.
7. Baghaiee B, Karimi P, Siahkouhian M, Pescatello LS. Moderate aerobic exercise training decreases middle-aged induced pathologic cardiac hypertrophy by improving Klotho expression, MAPK signaling pathway and oxidative stress status in Wistar rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2018; 21(9): 911-9.
8. Peterson JM, Bryner RW, Sindler A, Frisbee JC, Alway SE. Mitochondrial apoptotic signaling is elevated in cardiac but not skeletal muscle in the obese Zucker rat and is reduced with aerobic exercise. J Appl Physiol 2008; 105(6): 1934-43.
9. Sinha-Hikim I, Sinha-Hikim AP, Shen R, Kim H, French SW, Vaziri ND, et al. A novel cystine based antioxidant attenuates oxidative stress and hepatic steatosis in diet-induced obese mice. Exp Mol Pathol 2011; 91(1): 419-28.
10. Hannukainen JC, Nuutila P, Ronald B, Kaprio J, Kujala UM, Janatuinen T, et al. Increased physical activity decreases hepatic free fatty acid uptake: a study in human monozygotic twins. J Physiol 2007; 578(1): 347-58.
11. Ros E. Health benefits of nut consumption. Nutrients 2010; 2(7): 652-82.
12. Martorana M, Arcoraci T, Rizza L, Cristani M, Bonina FP, Saija A, et al. In vitro antioxidant and in vivo photoprotective effect of pistachio (Pistacia vera L., variety Bronte) seed and skin extracts. Fitoterapia 2013; 85: 41-8.
13. Kay CD, Gebauer SK, West SG, Kris-Etherton PM. Pistachios increase serum antioxidants and lower serum oxidized-LDL in hypercholesterolemic adults. J Nutr 2010; 140(6): 1093-8.
14. Hernández-Alonso P, Salas-Salvadó J, Baldrich-Mora M, Juanola-Falgarona M, Bulló M. Beneficial effect of pistachio consumption on glucose metabolism, insulin resistance, inflammation, and related metabolic risk markers: a randomized clinical trial. Diabetes Care 2014; 37(11): 3098-105.
15. Fusco R, Gugliandolo E, Biundo F, Campolo M, Di Paola R, Cuzzocrea S. Inhibition of inflammasome activation improves lung acute injury induced by carrageenan in a mouse model of pleurisy. FASEB J 2017; 31(8): 3497-511.
16. Hadi A, Asbaghi O, Kazemi M, Haghighian HK, Pantovic A, Ghaedi E, et al. Consumption of pistachio nuts positively affects lipid profiles: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 2021: 1-14.
17. Terzo S, Caldara GF, Ferrantelli V, Puleio R, Cassata G, Mulè F, et al. Pistachio consumption prevents and improves lipid dysmetabolism by reducing the lipid metabolizing gene expression in diet-induced obese mice. Nutrients 2018; 10(12): 1857.
18. Azadedel S, Hanachi P, Saboora A. Investigation on antioxidant activity of pistachio (Pistacia vera L.) skin extraction. IJBIO 2018; 30(4): 722-31. [in Persian]
19. Koyuncu İ, Gönel A, Temiz E, Karaoğul E, Uyar Z. Pistachio green hull extract induces apoptosis through multiple signaling pathways by causing oxidative stress on colon cancer cells. Anti-Cancer Anticancer Agents Med Chem 2021; 21(6): 725-37.
20. Noorolahi Z, Sahari MA, Barzegar M, Ahmadi Gavlighi H. Tannin fraction of pistachio green hull extract with pancreatic lipase inhibitory and antioxidant activity. J Food Biochem 2020; 44(6): e13208.
21. Barjaste Yazdi A, Azarbayjani M, Matin Homaee H, Peeri M, Torabi F, Ramezani Z. The effect of endurance training and adenosine consumption on the a1ar gene expression in the visceral adipose tissue of obese male rats. Metabol Exercise 2017; 7(2): 115-24. [in Persian]
22. Delfani N, Peeri M, Matin Homaee H. Effect of Aerobic Exercise and Hydroalcoholic Extract of Tribulus Terrestris on Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress Markers in Heart Tissue of Rats Poisoned With Hydrogen Peroxide. Complementary Med J 2021; 11(1): 30-43. [in Persian]
23. Hsu HC, Chen CY, Lee BC, Chen MF. High-fat diet induces cardiomyocyte apoptosis via the inhibition of autophagy. Eur J Nutr 2016; 55(7): 2245-54.
24. Nakandakari SCBR, Munoz VR, Kuga GK, Gaspar RC, Sant'Ana MR, Pavan ICB, et al. Short-term high-fat diet modulates several inflammatory, ER stress, and apoptosis markers in the hippocampus of young mice. Brain Behav Immun 2019; 79: 284-93.
25. Knowles CJ, Cebova M, Pinz IM. Palmitate diet-induced loss of cardiac caveolin-3: a novel mechanism for lipid-induced contractile dysfunction. PLoS One 2013; 8(4): e61369.
26. Ceylan-Isik AF, Kandadi MR, Xu X, Hua Y, Chicco AJ, Ren J, et al. Apelin administration ameliorates high fat diet-induced cardiac hypertrophy and contractile dysfunction. J Mol Cell Cardiol 2013; 63: 4-13.
27. Nobuhara M, Saotome M, Watanabe T, Urushida T, Katoh H, Satoh H, et al. Mitochondrial dysfunction caused by saturated fatty acid loading induces myocardial insulin-resistance in differentiated H9c2 myocytes: a novel ex vivo myocardial insulin-resistance model. Exp Cell Res 2013; 319(7): 955-66.
28. Chou IP, Lin YY, Ding ST, Chen CY. Adiponectin receptor 1 enhances fatty acid metabolism and cell survival in palmitate-treated HepG2 cells through the PI3 K/AKT pathway. Eur J Nutr 2014; 53(3): 907-17.
29. Palomer X, Capdevila-Busquets E, Botteri G, Salvadó L, Barroso E, Davidson MM, et al. PPARβ/δ attenuates palmitate-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and induces autophagic markers in human cardiac cells. Int J Cardiol 2014; 174(1): 110-8.
30. Cui JW, Hong Y, Kuo YM, Yu SH, Wu XB, Cui Z-Y, et al. Voluntary exercise training attenuated the middle-aged maturity-induced cardiac apoptosis. Life Sci 2020; 259: 118187.
31. Huang CY, Lin YY, Hsu CC, Cheng SM, Shyu WC, Ting H, et al. Antiapoptotic effect of exercise training on ovariectomized rat hearts. J Appl Physiol 2016; 121(2): 457-65.
32. No MH, Heo JW, Yoo SZ, Kim CJ, Park DH, Kang JH, et al. Effects of aging and exercise training on mitochondrial function and apoptosis in the rat heart. Pflugers Arch 2020; 472(2): 179-93.
33. Yaghoobpour Yekani O, Azarbayjani MA, Peeri M, Farzanegi P. Effect of type of training on markers of hepatocyte apoptosis in rats fed with high fat diet. Yafteh 2018; 19(5): 106-16. [in Persian]
34. Di Paola R, Fusco R, Gugliandolo E, D'Amico R, Campolo M, Latteri S, et al. The antioxidant activity of pistachios reduces cardiac tissue injury of acute ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) in diabetic streptozotocin (STZ)-induced hyperglycaemic rats. Front Pharmacol 2018; 9: 51.