1. United Nations Office on Drugs, Crime. World drug report. United Nations Publications; 2016.
2. Amin-Esmaeili M, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Sharifi V, Hajebi A, Radgoodarzi R, Mojtabai R, et al. Epidemiology of illicit drug use disorders in Iran: prevalence, correlates, comorbidity and service utilization results from the Iranian Mental Health Survey. Addiction 2016; 111(10): 1836–47.
3. Ghaderi A, Motmaen M, Abdi I, Rasouli-Azad M. Gender differences in substance use patterns and disorders among an Iranian patient sample receiving methadone maintenance treatment. Electron Physician 2017; 9(9): 5354-62.
4. Bagheri Lankarani K, Alavian SM, Peymani P. Health in the Islamic Republic of Iran, challenges and progresses. Med J Islam Repub Iran 2013; 27(1): 42–9.
5. Lankarani KB, Afshari R. Alcohol consumption in Iran. Lancet 2014; 384(9958): 1927–8.
6. Alam-Mehrjerdi Z, Daneshmand R, Samiei M, Samadi R, Abdollahi M, Dolan K. Women-only drug treatment services and needs in Iran: the first review of current literature. Daru 2016; 24(1): 3.
7. Weinstein A, Weinstein Y. Exercise addiction-diagnosis, bio-psychological mechanisms and treatment issues. Curr Pharm Des 2014; 20(25): 4062-9.
8. Najari F. The evaluation of addiction in female addicts admitted to detoxification centers in Tehran during 1384 and 1385. Islamic Republic Iran Med Council (MJIRI) 2007; 25(4). [in Persian]
9. Nedjat S, Feizzadeh A, Asgharie Sh, Keshtkar AA, Heshmat R, Majdzadeh SR. HIV risk factors in Iran; systematic review, meta-analysis and generalized impact fraction approaches. Payesh J 2006; 6(1). [in Persian]
10. Naghizadeh MM, Rezaei Z, Zarei F, Firoozi E, Ahmadi D. Pattern of Illegal Drug Use in Women Referred to Substance Abuse Control Clinic in Fasa, Iran (2009-2011). J Fasa Univ Med Sci 2014; 3(4): 305-11. [in Persian]
11. Brown TG, Topp J, Ross D. Rationales, obstacles and strategies for local outcome monitoring systems in substance abuse treatment settings. J Subst Abuse Treat 2003; 24(1): 31-42.
12. Rezaee, S. and H. Ekhtiari, Advertising representation, treatment menu and economic circulatio substance misuse treatment centers in Iran: a rapid survey based on newspaper advertisements. Int J Drug Policy, 2014. 25(3): p. 465-70.
13. Vitaro F, Brendgen M, Ladouceur R, Tremblay RE. Gambling, delinquency, and drug use during adolescence: Mutual influences and common risk factors. J Gambl Stud 2001; 17(3): 171-90.
14. Ahmadi J, Hasani M. Prevalence of substance use among Iranian high school students. Addict Behav 2003; 28(2): 375-9.
15. Bizzarri JV, Rucci P, Sbrana A, Gonnelli C, Massei GJ, Ravani L, et al. Reasons for substance use and vulnerability factors in patients with substance use disorder and anxiety or mood disorders. Addict Behav 2007; 32(2): 384-91.
16. [Editorial]. Addiction--a global problem with no global solution. Lancet 2012; 379(9810): 2.
17. Jalilian F, Motlagh FZ, Amoei MR, Hatamzadeh N, Gharibnavaz H, Mirzaei Alavijeh M. Which one support (family, friend or other significant) is much more important to drug cessation. A Study among men Kermanshah addicts, the west of Iran. J Addict Res Ther 2014; 5(174): 2.
18. Zeinali A, Vahdat R, Hamednia S. The study of preaddictional status in addicts and comparison with normal adults. Knowledge Res Applied Psychol 2007; 9(33): 149-68. [in Persian]
19. Molavi P, Rasoulzadeh B. Major factors in youth drug use. JFMH 2004; 1383: 49-55. [in Persian]
20. Sharifi V, Assadi SM, Mohammadi MR, Amini H, Kaviani H, Semnani Y, et al. A persian translation of the structured clinical interview for diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: psychometric properties. Compr Psychiatry 2009; 50(1): 86-91.
21. Suligoi B, Magliochetti N, Nicoletti G, Pezzotti P, Rezza G. Trends in HIV prevalence among drug-users attending public drug-treatment centres in Italy: 1990–2000. J Med Virol 2004; 73(1): 1-6.
22. Ahmadi A, Mohammadi R, Schwebel DC, Yeganeh N, Soroush A, Bazargan-Hejazi S. Familial risk factors for self-immolation: a case-control study. J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2009; 18(7): 1025-31.
23. Jalilian F, Irzaei Alavijeh M, Amoei MR, Zinat Motlagh F, Hatamzadeh N, Allahverdipour H. Prevalence and Pattern of Drug Abuse among Prisoners in Kermanshah City. Iran J Health Educ Health Promot 2013; 1(2): 41-50. [in Persian]
24. Ghoreishizadeh SMA, Torabi K. Factors Contributing to Illicit Substance Dependence among Treatment Seeking Addicts in Tabriz. Iran J Psychiatry Clin Psychol 2002; 8(1): 21-8. [in Persian]
25. Muck R, Zempolich KA, Titus JC, Fishman M, Godley MD, Schwebel R. An overview of the effectiveness of adolescent substance abuse treatment models. Youth Society 2001; 33(2): 143-68.
26. Trends GI. United nations Office for Drug Control and Crime Prevention (UNODC). Global Illicit Drug Trends 2002. 2002. New York: United Nation Publication; p. 213-58.
27. Jamshidi Manesh M, Soleimanifar P, Hosseini F, Personal MS. Familial, Social and Economical characteristics of Jailed Addicted Women. Iran J Nursing (IJN) 2005; 17(40): 47- 54. [in Persian]
28. Sh M. Prevalence of cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking and illegal drugs use among Iranian adolescents. J Kerman Univ Med Sci 2012; 19(1).
29. Feyzi H, Vaisi Raygani A, Abdi A, Shakeri J, Mardokhian M. The predisposing factors for drug abuse in viewpoints of referrers to Addiction Treatment Centers in Kermanshah. IJRN 2016; 2(2): 47-56.