1. Meldolesi J. Neurotrophin receptors in the pathogenesis, diagnosis and therapy of neurodegenerative diseases. Pharmacol Res 2017; 121: 129-37.
2. Boehme F, Gil-Mohapel J, Cox A, Patten A, Giles E, Brocardo PS, et al. Voluntary exercise induces adult hippocampal neurogenesis and BDNF expression in a rodent model of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. Eur J Neurosci 2011; 33(10): 1799-811.
3. Allen SJ, Watson JJ, Dawbarn D. The Neurotrophins and Their Role in Alzheimer’s Disease. Curr Neuropharmacology 2011; 9(4): 559-73.
4. Geloso MC, Corvino V, Michetti F. Trimethyltin-induced hippocampal degeneration as a tool to investigate neurodegenerative processes. Neurochem Int 2011; 58(7): 729-38.
5. Corvino V, Marchese EL, Michetti FA, Geloso MC. Neuroprotective strategies in hippocampal neuro-degeneration induced by the neurotoxicant trimethyltin. Neurochem Res 2013; 38(2): 240-53.
6. Park HJ, Shim HS, Ahn YH, Kim KS, Park KJ, Choi WK, et al. Tremella fuciformis enhances the neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells and restores trimethylltin-induced impairment of memory in rats via activation of CREB transcription and cholinergic systems. Behav Brain Res 2012; 229(1): 82-90.
7. Corvino V, Marchese E, Giannetti S, Lattanzi W, Bonvissuto D, Biamonte F, et al. The neuroprotective and neurogenic effects of neuropeptide Y administration in an animal model of hippocampal neurodegeneration and temporal lobe epilepsy induced by trimethyltin. J Neurochem 2012; 122(2): 415-26.
8. Monti B, Polazzi E, Contestabile A. Biochemical, molecular and epigenetic mechanisms of valproic acid neuroprotection. Curr Mol Pharmacol 2009; 2(1): 95-109.
9. Zhu MM, Li HL, Shi LH, Chen XP, Luo J, Zhang ZL. The pharmacogenomics of valproic acid. J Hum Genet 2017; 62(12): 1009-14.
10. Kanai H, Sawa A, Chen RW, Leeds P, Chuang DM. Valproic acid inhibits histone deacetylase activity and suppresses excitotoxicity-induced GAPDH nuclear accumulation and apoptotic death in neuron. Pharmacogenomics J 2004; 4(5): 336-344.
11. Rekling JC. Neuroprotective effects of anticonvulsants in rat hippocampal slice cultures exposed to oxygen/-glucose deprivation. Neurosci Lett 2003; 335(3): 167-70.
12. Whittle N, Singewald N. HDAC inhibitors as cognitive enhancers in fear, anxiety and trauma therapy: where do we stand? Biochem Soc Trans 2014; 42(2): 569-81.
13. Jin G, Liu B, You Z, Bambakidis T, Dekker SE, Maxwell J, et al. Development of a novel neuroprotective strategy: combined treatment with hypothermia and valproic acid improves survival in hypoxic hippocampal cells. Surgery 2014; 156(2): 221-8.
14. Rafiei S, Bazyar Y, Edalatmanesh M A. Effect of Gallic Acid and Endurance Exercise Training on BDNF in a Model of Hippocampal Degeneration. Shefaye Khatam 2016; 4(1):1-6.
15. Yazdani M, Edalatmanesh M A, Rafiei S. Ameliorative effect of lithium chloride on working and spatial memory deficit in a PTZ-induced seizure model. Feyz 2017; 21(2): 110-7. [in Persian]
16. Moghadas M, Edalatmanesh M A. The Lithium Chloride Effect on Anxiety, Exploratory Activity, and Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor Levels of the Hippocampus in a Rat Model of TMT Intoxication. Shefaye Khatam 2015; 3(2): 1-10.
17. Tehranipour M, Kehtarpour M. Effect of alcoholic extract of Cannabis sativa leave on neuronal density of CA1, CA2 and CA3 regions of rat hippocampus. Feyz 2012; 16 (4): 297-303. [in Persian]
18. Lattanzi W, Corvino V, Di Maria V, Michetti F, Geloso MC.Gene expression profiling as a tool to investigate the molecular machinery activated during hippocampal neurodegeneration induced by trimethyltin (TMT) administration. Int J Mol Sci 2013; 14(8): 16817-35.
19. Mignini F, Nasuti C, Artico M, Giovannetti F, Fabrizi C, Fumagalli L, Iannetti G, Pompili E. Effects of trimethyltin on hippocampal dopaminergic markers and cognitive behaviour. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 2012; 25(4): 1107-19.
20. Yao ZG, Liang L, Liu Y, Zhang L, Zhu H, Huang L, et al. Valproate improves memory deficits in an Alzheimer's disease mouse model: investigation of possible mechanisms of action. Cell Mol Neurobiol 2014; 34(6): 805-12.
21. Umka J, Mustafa S, ElBeltagy M, Thorpe A, Latif L, Bennett G, et al. Valproic acid reduces spatial working memory and cell proliferation in the hippocampus. Valproic acid reduces spatial working memory and cell proliferation in the hippocampus. Neuroscience 2010; 166(1): 15-22.
22. Teixeira AL, Barbosa IG, Diniz BS, Kummer A. Circulating levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor: correlation with mood, cognition and motor function. Biomark Med 2010; 4(6): 871-87.
23. Phillips C. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, depression, and physical activity: making the neuroplastic connection. Neural Plast 2017; 2017: 7260130.
24. Lee BH, Kim YK. The roles of BDNF in the pathophysiology of major depression and in anti depressant treatment. Psychiatry Investig 2010; 7(4): 231-5.
25. Diniz BS, Teixeira AL. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and Alzheimer's disease: physiopathology and beyond. Neuromolecular Med 2011; 13(4): 217-22.
26. Benussi L, Binetti G, Ghidoni R. Loss of Neuroprotective Factors in Neurodegenerative Dementias: The End or the Starting Point? Front Neurosci 2017; 11: 672.
27. Laske C, Stellos K, Hoffmann N, Stransky E, Straten G, Eschweiler GW, Leyhe T. Higher BDNF serum levels predict slower cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease patients. Int J NeuropsychoPharmacol 2011; 14(3): 399-404.
28. Lee S, Yang M, Kim J, Kang S, Kim J, Kim JC, et al. Trimethyltin-induced hippocampal neurodegeneration: A mechanism-based review. Brain Res Bull 2016; 125: 187-99.
29. Gasparova Z, Janega P, Stara V, Ujhazy E. Early and late stage of neurodegeneration induced by trimethyltin in hippocampus and cortex of male Wistar rats. Neuro Endocrinol Lett 2012; 33(7): 689-96.
30. Harrison IF, Crum WR, Vernon AC, Dexter DT. Neurorestoration induced by the HDAC inhibitor sodium valproate in the lactacystin model of Parkinson's is associated with histone acetylation and up-regulation of neurotrophic factors. Br J Pharmacol 2015; 172(16): 4200-15.