1. Rezvani V, Najjar Safari Sh, Hajifaraji M, Rashidkhani B. The Effect of "Real Oat Bread" Compared with "Barley Bread Offered in Tehran" on Serum Glucose and Lipid Profiles in Dislipidemic and Type 2 Diabetic Subjects. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 2011; 13(3): 233-242. [in Persian]
2. Chen J, Raymond K. Beta-glucans in the treatment of diabetes and associated cardiovascular risks. Vascular Health Risk Manag 2008; 4(6): 1265–72.
3. Colberg SR1, Sigal RJ, Fernhall B, Regensteiner JG, Blissmer BJ, Rubin RR, et al. Exercise and type 2 diabetes: the American College of Sports MedicineandtheAmericanDiabetes Association:joint position statement. Diabetes Care 2010; 33(12): 147-67.
4. Rahimian Mashhad Z, Attarzadeh Hosseini R, Ariannezhad J. The effect of aerobic training and diet on cardiovascular risk factors and blood pressure in overweight and obese women with hypertension. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 2010; 12(4): 376-84. [in Persian]
5. Marandi SM, Abadi NG, Esfarjani F, Mojtahedi H, Ghasemi G, et al. Effects of intensity of aerobics on body composition and blood lipid profile in obese/overweight females. Int J Prev Med 2013; 4(1): 118-25. [in Persian]
6. Golbidi S, Badran M, Laher I. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of exercise in diabetic patients Exp Diabetes Res. 2012;2012:941868.
7. Skoumas J, Pitsavos C, Panagiotakos DB, Chrysohoou C, Zeimbekis A, Ioanna P, et al. Physical activity, high density lipoprotein cholesterol and other lipids levels, in men and women from the ATTICA study. Lipids Health Dis 2003; 2(1): 3.
8. Lindstrom J, Absetz P, Hemio K, Peltomaki P, Peltonen M. Reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes with nutrition and physical activity – efficacy and implementation of lifestyle interventions in finland. Public Health Nutr 2010; 13(6): 993–9.
9. Marion JF, John PB, Christine AB, John DB, Jean-Louis C, Abhimanyu G, et al. Evidence-based nutrition principles and recommendations for the treatment and prevention of diabetes and related complications. Diabetes Care 2002; 25(1):148-198
10. Firozeh Z, Bijeh N, Ebrahimi Atri A, Ramazani S. Effect of 8-week walking program on serum lipoprotein (a) concentration in non-athlete menopausal women. J Gorgan Uni Med Sci 2011; 13(2): 30-8. [in Persian]
11. Salehifar M, Shahedi M. Studies on the effects of oat flour on the sensory properties and shear stress of Iranian flat bread and rheological properties of dough. Sixteenth National Congress of food Iran (the first Regional Congress) 2006 April 23-24, Gorgan, Iean.
12. Khoury D, Cuda C, Luhovyy BL, Anderson GH. Beta glucan: health benefits in obesity and metabolic syndrome. J Nutr Metab 2012; 2012: 851362.
13. Anderson JW, Baird P, Davis RH Jr, Ferreri S, Knudtson M, Koraym A, et al. Health benefits of dietary fiber. Nutr Rev. 2009; 67(4):188–205.
14. Pollock JA. Practical assessment of body composition. Physician Sport Med 1985; 13: 76-90.
15. Mccleary Bv. Enzymic quantification of (13)→(14) β-glucan in barley and malt. Biological Res Institute 1985; 91: 285-95.
16. Yavari A, Najafipoor F, ALI AA, Aliasgarzadeh A, Niafar M, Mobasseri M. Effect of aerobic exercise, resistance training or combined training on glycaemic control and cardio-vascular risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes. Biol Sport 2012; 29: 135-143. [in Persian]
17. Negri C, Bacchi E, Morgante S, Soave D, Marques A, Menghini E, et al. Supervised walking groups to increase physical activity in type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care 2010; 33(11): 2333–5.
18. Puglisi MJ, Vaishnav U, Shrestha S, Torres-Gonzalez M, Wood R, Volek J, et al. Raisins and additional walking have distinct effects on plasma lipids and inflammatory cytokines. Lipids Health Dis 2008; 7: 14.
19. Bays H, Frestedt JL, Bell M, Williams C, Kolberg L, Schmelzer W, et al. Reduced viscosity barley b-glucan versus placebo:a randomized controlled trial of the effects oninsulin sensitivity for individuals at risk for diabetes mellitus. Nutrition Metabol 2011; 8(1): 58.
20. Ames NP, Rhymer CR. Issues surrounding health claims for barley. J Nutr 2008; 138(6): 1237–43.
21. Talati R, Baker WL, Pabilonia MS, White CM, Coleman CI. The effects of barley-derived soluble fiber on serum lipids. Ann Fam Med 2009; 7(2): 157-63.
22. Li J, Kaneko T, Qin LQ, Wang J, Wang Y. Effects of barley intake on glucose tolerance, lipid metabolism and bowel function in women. Nutrition 2003; 19(11-12): 926-9.
23. Behall KM, Scholfield DJ, Hallfrisch J. Comparison of Hormone and Glucose Responses of Overweight Women to Barley and Oats. J Am College Nutrition 2005; 24(3): 182–8.
24. Karstoft K, Winding K, Knudsen SH, Nielsen JS, Thomsen C, Pedersen BK, et al. The Effects of Free-Living Interval-Walking Training on Glycemic Control, Body Composition, and Physical Fitness in Type 2 Diabetes Patients. Diabetes Care. 2013; 36(2): 228-36
25. Neikro H, Nemati M, Sima H, Atarzadeh Hosseini R. Effects of diets with or without aerobic exercise program on anthropometric indices and cardiorespiratory fitness in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. J North Khorasan Univ Med Sci 2011; 3(3): 91-99. [in Persian]
26. Babio N, Balanza R, Basulto J, Bull M, Salas-Salvad J. Dietary fibre: influence on body weight, glycemic control and plasma cholesterol profile. Nutr Hosp 2010; 25(3): 327-340.
27. Lattimer JM, Haub MD. Effects of dietary fiber and its components on metabolic health. Nutrients 2010; 2(12): 1266-89.
28. Vitaglione P, Lumaga RB, Montagnese C, Messia MC, Marconi E, Scalfi L. Satiating Effect of a Barley Beta-Glucan–Enriched Snack. J Am Coll Nutr 2010; 29(2): 113–21.