1. Bharath L P, Choi WW, Cho JM, Skobodzinski AA, Wong A, Sweeney TE, et al. Combined resistance and aerobic exercise training reduces insulin resistance and central adiposity in adolescent girls who are obese: randomized clinical trial. Eur J Appl Physiol 2018; 118: 1653-60.
2. Azizian-Farsani F, Abedpoor N, Derakhshan M, Nasr-Esfahani MH, Sheikhha MH, Ghaedi K. Protective Effects of the Combination of the Herbal Compound Against Inflammation Related to Obesity and Colitis Induced by Diet in Mice. IJDO 2022; 14(1): 37-43.
3. Okati-Aliabad H, Ansari-Moghaddam A, Kargar S and Jabbari N, Prevalence of Obesity and Overweight among Adults in the Middle East Countries from 2000 to 2020: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Obesity 2022; 2022.
4. Høeg LD, Sjøberg KA, Jeppesen J, Jensen TE, Frøsig C, Birk JB, et al. Lipid-induced insulin resistance affects women less than men and is not accompanied by inflammation or impaired proximal insulin signaling. Diabetes 2011; 60: 64-73.
5. Heid H, Rickelt S, Zimbelmann R, Winter S, Schumacher H, Dorflinger Y, et al. On the formation of lipid droplets in human adipocytes: the organization of the perilipin-vimentin cortex. PLoS One 2014; 9: e90386.
6. Conte M, Franceschi C, Sandri M and Salvioli S, Perilipin 2 and Age-Related Metabolic Diseases: A New Perspective. Trends Endocrinol Metab 2016; 27: 893-903.
7. Chandra V, Huang P, Hamuro Y, Raghuram S, Wang Y, Burris T P, et al. Structure of the intact PPAR-Υ-RXR-α nuclear receptor complex on DNA. Nature 2009; 456.
8. More V R, Campos C R, Evans R A, Oliver K D, Chan G N, Miller D S, et al. PPAR-alpha, a lipid-sensing transcription factor, regulates blood-brain barrier efflux transporter expression, J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2017; 37: 1199-212.
9. Wahli W, Michalik L. PPARs at the crossroads of lipid signaling and inflammation, Trends Endocrinol Metab 2012; 23(7): 351-63.
10. Hong F, Pan S, Guo Y, Xu P, Zhai Y. PPARs as nuclear receptors for nutrient and energy metabolism, Molecules 2019: 24: 2545.
11. Pourteymour S, Lee S, Langleite T M, Eckardt K, Hjorth M, Bindesboll C, et al., Perilipin 4 in human skeletal muscle: localization and effect of physical activity. Physiol Rep 2015; 3: e12481.
12. Coen PM, Goodpaster BH. Role of intramyocelluar lipids in human health. Trends Endocrinol Metab 2012; 23: 391-8.
13. Machann J, Thamer C, Stefan N, Schwenzer N F, Kantartzis K, Häring H-U, et al. Follow-up whole-body assessment of adipose tissue compartments during a lifestyle intervention in a large cohort at increased risk for type 2 diabetes. Radiology 2010; 257: 353-63.
14. Solomon TP, Sistrun SN, Krishnan RK, Del Aguila LF, Marchetti CM, O'Carroll SM, et al. Exercise and diet enhance fat oxidation and reduce insulin resistance in older obese adults. J Appl Physiol 2008; 104: 1313-9.
15. Dube JJ, Amati F, Stefanovic-Racic M, Toledo FG, Sauers SE, Goodpaster BH. Exercise-induced alterations in intramyocellular lipids and insulin resistance: the athlete's paradox revisited, Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2008; 294: E882-8.
16. Dube JJ, Amati F, Toledo FG, Stefanovic-Racic M, Rossi A, Coen P, et al. Effects of weight loss and exercise on insulin resistance, and intramyocellular triacylglycerol, diacylglycerol and ceramide. Diabetologia 2011; 54: 1147-56.
17. Lee S, Bacha F, Hannon T, Kuk J L, Boesch C and Arslanian S, Effects of aerobic versus resistance exercise without caloric restriction on abdominal fat, intrahepatic lipid, and insulin sensitivity in obese adolescent boys: a randomized, controlled trial, Diabetes 2012; 61: 2787-95.
18. Abedpoor N, Taghian F, Ghaedi K, Niktab I, Safaeinejad Z, Rabiee F, et al. PPARgamma/Pgc-1alpha-Fndc5 pathway up-regulation in gastrocnemius and heart muscle of exercised, branched chain amino acid diet fed mice. Nutr Metab (Lond) 2018; 15: 59.
19. Marcondes R R, Maliqueo M, Fornes R, Benrick A, Hu M, Ivarsson N, et al. Exercise differentially affects metabolic functions and white adipose tissue in female letrozole-and dihydrotestosterone-induced mouse models of polycystic ovary syndrome, Molecular Cellular Endocrinol 2017; 448: 66-76.
20. Bagheri M H, Azamian-Jazi A, Banitalebi E, Kazeminasab F, Nasr-Esfahani MH, Both high-intensity interval training and low-intensity endurance training decrease intrahepatic lipid deposits via alterations of the expression of HIF-1α, HIG2 in a murine model of non alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Sci Sports 2021; 36: 120-8.
21. Hassan Qomi M, Arshadi S, Banayifar A and Kazemzadeh Y. Effects of Eight Weeks of Resistance Training on Muscle Myostatin Gene Expression and Insulin Resistance in Male Wistar Rats with Type 2 Diabetes. NFSR 2019; 6: 9-16.
22. Farhat F, Rahmi E, Chrestella J, Williamson O and Syari R P, Expressions of Nuclear Factor-kappa B and Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor-Gamma Proportional with Clinical Staging of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. OAMJMS 2021; 9: 1347-51.
23. Aboonabi A and Aboonabi A, Anthocyanins reduce inflammation and improve glucose and lipid metabolism associated with inhibiting nuclear factor-kappaB activation and increasing PPAR-gamma gene expression in metabolic syndrome subjects. Free Radic Biol Med 2020; 150: 30-39.
24. Fievet C, Fruchart JC, Staels B, PPARalpha and PPARgamma dual agonists for the treatment of type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome. Curr Opin Pharmacol 2006; 6: 606-614.
25. Kim HJ, Lee JS, Kim CK. Effect of exercise training on muscle glucose transporter 4 protein and intramuscular lipid content in elderly men with impaired glucose tolerance. Eur J Appl Physiol 2004; 93: 353-8.
26. Spangenburg EE, Brown DA, Johnson M S and Moore R L, Alterations in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor mRNA expression in skeletal muscle after acute and repeated bouts of exercise, Mol Cell Biochem 2009; 332: 225-231.
27. Zhu Y X, Zhang M L, Zhong Y, Wang C and Jia W P, Modulation Effect of Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Agonists on Lipid Droplet Proteins in Liver, J Diabetes Res 2016; 2016: 8315454.
28. Minnaard R, Schrauwen P, Schaart G, Jorgensen JA, Lenaers E, Mensink M, et al. Adipocyte differentiation-related protein and OXPAT in rat and human skeletal muscle: involvement in lipid accumulation and type 2 diabetes mellitus, J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2009; 94: 4077-85.
29. Hashimoto T, Sato K and Iemitsu M, Exercise-inducible factors to activate lipolysis in adipocytes, J Appl Physiol (1985) 2013; 115: 260-7.
30. Ramos SV, Turnbull PC, MacPherson RE, LeBlanc PJ, Ward WE, Peters SJ. Changes in mitochondrial perilipin 3 and perilipin 5 protein content in rat skeletal muscle following endurance training and acute stimulated contraction. Exp Physiol 2015; 100: 450-62.