1. Afsar T, Razak S, Almajwal A, Al-Disi D. Doxorubicin-induced alterations in kidney functioning, oxidative stress, DNA damage, and renal tissue morphology; Improvement by Acacia hydaspica tannin-rich ethyl acetate fraction. Saudi J Biol Sci 2020; 27(9): 2251–60.
2. Ayla S, Seckin I, Tanriverdi G, Cengiz M, Eser M, Soner BC, et al. Doxorubicin induced nephrotoxicity: protective effect of nicotinamide. Int J Cell Biol 2011; 2011.
3. AlAsmari AF, Ali N, Alharbi M, Alqahtani F, Alasmari F, Almoqbel D, et al. Geraniol Ameliorates Doxorubicin-Mediated Kidney Injury through Alteration of Antioxidant Status, Inflammation, and Apoptosis: Potential Roles of NF-κB and Nrf2/Ho-1. Nutrients 2022; 14(8): 1620.
4. Eydivandi K, Azarbayjani MA, Farzanegi P. The Effect of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and Crocin Consumption on Doxorubicin-Induced Apoptotic Indices in the Muscle Tissue of Rats. Gene, Cell Tissue 2020;7(4).
5. Farzanegi P, Abbaszadeh H, Farokhi F, Rahmati-Ahmadabad S, Hosseini SA, et al. Attenuated renal and hepatic cells apoptosis following swimming exercise supplemented with garlic extract in old rats. Clin Interv Aging 2020; 15: 1409.
6. Momeni L, Moghadam HF, Hosseini SA, Nikbakht M. Interactive Effects of Endurance Training and Selenium Consumption on the Intrinsic Apoptosis Pathway in the Liver Tissue of Cadmium-Exposed Rats. J Nutr Sci Diet 2019; 1-10.
7. Davari F, Alimanesh Z, Alimanesh Z, Salehi O, Hosseini SA. Effect of training and crocin supplementation on mitochondrial biogenesis and redox-sensitive transcription factors in liver tissue of type 2 diabetic rats. Arch Physiol Biochem 2020; 1–6.
8. Hosseini SA, Norouzi S, Rafiee N, Farzanegi P, Salehi O, Farkhaie F. Interactive Effects of Endurance Training and Crocin on Aerobic Capacity, Dietary Intake and Weight of High-Fat Diet-Induced Type 2 Diabetic Rats. J Nutr Sci Diet 2018; 4(3): 65-74.
9. El-Ashmawy NE, Khedr EG, Doghish AS, Elballal MS. Carnosine and crocin ameliorate oxidative stress in rats with rhabdomyolysis-induced acute kidney injury through upregulating HO-1 gene expression. Food Biosci 2022;101972.
10. Keelo RMAH, Elbe H, Bicer Y, Yigitturk G, Koca O, Karayakali M, et al. Treatment with crocin suppresses diabetic nephropathy progression via modulating TGF-β1 and oxidative stress in an experimental model of pinealectomized diabetic rats. Chem Biol Interact 2022; 351: 109733.
11. Davoodi M, Bouri SZ, Ghahfarokhi SD. Antioxidant effects of aerobic training and crocin consumption on doxorubicin-induced testicular toxicity in rats. J Fam Reprod Heal 2021; 15(1): 28.
12. Moradi M, Shakerian S, Nikbakht M. Effect of eight weeks of high intensity interval training and crocin consumption on the apoptotic genes expression in the liver tissue of male rats under chronic doxorubicin induction. J Birjand Univ Med Sci 2020; 27(4): 323–35. [in Persian]
13. Ruggiero A, Ferrara P, Attinà G, Rizzo D, Riccardi R. Renal toxicity and chemotherapy in children with cancer. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2017; 83(12): 2605–14.
14. Yang L, Li D, Cao B, Liu S, Xu D, Zhu X, et al. Exercise training ameliorates early diabetic kidney injury by regulating the H2S/SIRT1/p53 pathway. FASEB J 2021;35(9):e21823.
15. Jafari A, Pourrazi H, Nikookheslat S, Baradaran B. Effect of exercise training on Bcl-2 and bax gene expression in the rat heart. Gene, Cell Tissue 2015; 2(4): 6-12.
16. Yazdanparast Chaharmahali B, Azarbayjani MA, Peeri M, Farzanegi Arkhazloo P. Increased Expression of Bax and Bcl2 Apoptosis Biomarkers in the Heart of Old Female Rats After Interval Training and Curcumin Consumption. Jorjani Biomed J 2018; 6(4): 40–52.
17. Ghazal A, Raheleh R, Majid RN. Effect of Crocin on Bax, Bcl2, and Oxidative Stress Indices in Testicular Tissue of Streptozotocin Diabetic Rats. Ofogh-e-Danesh 2019; 25: 340–51. [in Persian]
18. Shadegan PA, Khajehlandi A, Mohammadi A. Effect of Aerobic Training and Crocin Consumption on Bax Gene Expression in the Hippocampal Tissue of Ovariectomized Rats. Gene, Cell Tissue 2020; 7(3): 4-9.