1. Chand SP, Arif H. Depression. StatPearls. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing Copyright © 2020, StatPearls Publishing LLC.; 2020.
2. Herrman H, Kieling C, McGorry P, Horton R, Sargent J, Patel V. Reducing the global burden of depression: a Lancet-World Psychiatric Association Commission. Lancet 2019; 393(10189): e42-e43.
3. Lund C, Brooke-Sumner C, Baingana F, Baron EC, Breuer E, Chandra P, et al. Social determinants of mental disorders and the Sustainable Development Goals: a systematic reviewof reviews. Lancet Psychiatry 2018; 5(4): 357-69.
4. Mohsen M, Seyed Mojtaba Yasini A, Masoud M, Ali D. Prevalence of Depression, Anxiety and Stress among Adult Population: Results of Yazd Health Study. Iran J Psychiatry 2019; 14(2): 137-146.
5. Sarokhani D, Delpisheh A, Veisani Y, Sarokhani MT, Manesh RE, Sayehmiri K. Prevalence of Depression among University Students: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis Study. Depress Res Treat 2013; 373857.
6. Beyer JL, Payne ME. Nutrition and Bipolar Depression. Psychiatr Clin North Am 2016; 39(1): 75-86.
7. Bartkiene E, Steibliene V, Adomaitiene V, Juodeikiene G, Cernauskas D, Lele V, et al. Factors Affecting Consumer Food Preferences: Food Taste and Depression-Based Evoked Emotional Expressions with the Use of Face Reading Technology. Biomed Res Int 2019; 2097415.
8. Oh J, Yun K, Chae JH, Kim TS. Association Between Macronutrients Intake and Depression in the United States and South Korea. Front Psychiatry 2020; 11: 207.
9. Wurtman RJ, Wurtman JJ. Brain serotonin, carbohydrate-craving, obesity and depression. Obes Res 1995; 3 Suppl 4: 477s-80s.
10. Tang CS, Gan Y, Ko J, Kwon JH, Wu A, Yan E, et al. The associations among emotional factors, personality traits, andaddiction-like eating: A study on university students in six Asian countries/regions. Int J Eat Disord 2020; 10.1002/eat.23298.
11. Weingarten HP, Elston D. The phenomenology of food cravings. Appetite 1990; 15(3): 231-46.
12. Platzer M, Fellendorf FT, Bengesser SA, Birner A, Dalkner N, Hamm C, et al. The Relationship between Food Craving, Appetite-Related Hormones and Clinical Parameters in Bipolar Disorder. Nutrients 2020; 13(1): E76.
13. Muftuoglu S, Kiziltan G, Ok MA. The reliability and validity of the Turkish version of Food Cravings Questionnaire (FCQ-T) in major depressive disorder patients. Psychiatry Behav Sci 2018; 8(1): 198.
14. Jáuregui-Lobera I, Bolaños-Ríos P, Valero E, Ruiz Prieto I. Induction of food craving experience: the role of mental imagery, dietary restraint, mood and coping strategies. Nutr Hosp 2012; 27(6): 1928-35.
15. Willner P, Benton D, Brown E, Cheeta S, Davies G, Morgan J, et al. "Depression" increases "craving" for sweet rewards in animal and human models of depression and craving. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 1998; 136(3): 272-83.
16. White MA, Whisenhunt BL, Williamson DA, Greenway FL, Netemeyer RG. Development and validation of the food-craving inventory. Obes Res 2002; 10(2): 107-114.
17. Komatsu S. Rice and sushicravings: a preliminary study of food craving among Japanese females. Appetite 2008; 50(2-3): 353-8.
18. Parker G, Crawford J. Chocolate craving when depressed: a personality marker. Br J Psychiatry 2007; 191: 351-2.
19. Hormes JM, Niemiec MA. Does culture create craving? Evidence from the case of menstrual chocolate craving. PLoS One 2017; 12(7): e0181445.
20. Gutiérrez-Rojas L, Porras-Segovia A, Dunne H, Andrade-González N, Cervilla JA. Prevalence and correlates of major depressive disorder: a systematic review. Rev Bras Psiquiatr 2020; 42(6): 657-72.
21. Drenowatz C, Evensen LH, Ernstsen L, Blundell JE, Hand GA, Shook RP, et al. Cross-sectional and longitudinal associations between different exercise types and food cravings in free-living healthy young adults. Appetite 2017; 118: 82-9.
22. Songtachalert T, Roomruangwong C, Carvalho AF, Bourin M, Maes M. Anxiety Disorders: Sex Differences in Serotonin and Tryptophan Metabolism. Curr Top Med Chem 2018; 18(19): 1704-15.
23. Strahler J, Hermann A, Schmidt NM, Stark R, Hennig J, Munk AJ. Food cue-elicited brain potentials change throughout menstrual cycle: Modulation by eating styles, negative affect, and premenstrual complaints. Horm Behav 2020; 124: 104811.
24. Janatolmakan M, Andaieshgar B, Aryan A, Jafari F, Khatony A. Comparison of Depression Rate Between the First- and Final-Year Nursing Students in Kermanshah, Iran. Psychol Res Behav Manag 2019; 12: 1147-53.
25. Aghakhani N, Sharif NiaH, Eghtedar S, Rahbar N, Jasemi M, Mesgar Zadeh M. Prevalence of depression among students of urmia university of medical sciences (iran). Iran J Psychiatry Behav Sci 2011; 5(2): 131-5.
26. Beck AT, Ward CH, Mendelson M, Mock J, Erbaugh J. An inventory for measuring depression. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1961; 4: 561-71.
27. Bumberry W, Oliver J, McClure JN. Validation of the Beck Depression Inventory in a university population using psychiatric estimate as the criterion. J Consult Clin Psychol 1978; 46(1): 150.
28. Beck AT, Steer RA, Carbin MG. Psychometric properties of the Beck Depression Inventory: Twenty-five years of evaluation. Clin Psychol Rev 1988; 8(1): 77-100.
29. White MA, Grilo CM. Psychometric properties of the Food Craving Inventory among obese patients with binge eating disorder. Eat Behav 2005; 6(3): 239-45.
30. Canetti L, Bachar E, Berry EM. Food and emotion. Behav Processes. 2002; 60(2): 157-164.
31. Dye L, Warner P, Bancroft J. Food craving during the menstrual cycle and its relationship to stress, happiness of relationship and depression; a preliminary enquiry. J Affect Disord 1995; 34(3): 157-164.
32. Gibson EL. Emotional influences on food choice: sensory, physiological and psychological pathways. Physiol Behav 2006; 89(1): 53-61.
33. Markus CR, Panhuysen G, Tuiten A, Koppeschaar H, Fekkes D, Peters ML. Does carbohydrate-rich, protein-poor food prevent a deterioration of mood and cognitive performance of stress-prone subjects when subjected to a stressful task? Appetite 1998; 31(1): 49-65.
34. Ouwens MA, van Strien T, van Leeuwe JF. Possible pathways between depression, emotional and external eating. A structural equation model. Appetite 2009; 53(2): 245-8.
35. Waters A, Hill A, WallerG. Bulimics' responses to food cravings: is binge-eating a product of hunger or emotional state? Behav Res Ther 2001; 39(8): 877-86.
36. Orloff NC, Hormes JM. Pickles and ice cream! Food cravings in pregnancy: hypotheses, preliminary evidence, and directions for future research. Front Psychol 2014; 5: 1076.
37. Nicholls W, Hulbert-Williams L. British English translation of the Food Craving Inventory (FCI-UK). Appetite 2013; 67: 37-43.
38. Abbot JM, Thomson CA, Ranger-Moore J, Teixeira PJ, Lohman TG, Taren DL, et al. Psychosocial and behavioral profile and predictors of self-reported energy underreporting in obese middle-aged women. J Am Diet Assoc 2008; 108(1): 114-9.
39. Yen JY, Chang SJ, Ko CH, Yen CF, Chen CS, Yeh YC, et al. The high-sweet-fat food craving among women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder: emotional response, implicit attitude and rewards sensitivity. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2010; 35(8): 1203-12.
40. Yen JY, Liu TL, Chen IJ, Chen SY, Ko CH. Premenstrual appetite and emotional responsesto foods among women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Appetite 2018; 125: 18-23.
41. Hill AJ, Weaver CF, Blundell JE. Food craving, dietary restraint and mood. Appetite 1991; 17(3): 187-97.
42. Chocano-Bedoya PO, Manson JE, Hankinson SE, Willett WC, Johnson SR, Chasan-Taber L, et al. Dietary B vitamin intake and incident premenstrual syndrome. Am J Clin Nutr 2011; 93(5): 1080-6.
43. Harvey LJ, Armah CN, Dainty JR, Foxall RJ, John Lewis D, Langford NJ, et al. Impact of menstrual blood loss and dieton iron deficiency among women in the UK. Br J Nutr 2005; 94(4): 557-64.
44. Jamnok J, Sanchaisuriya K, Sanchaisuriya P, Fucharoen G, Fucharoen S, Ahmed F. Factors associated with anaemia and iron deficiency among women of reproductive age in Northeast Thailand: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 2020; 20(1): 102.
45. Louw VJ, du Preez P, Malan A, van Deventer L, van Wyk D, Joubert G. Pica and food craving in adult patients with iron deficiency in Bloemfontein, South Africa. S Afr Med J 2007; 97(11): 1069-71.