1. Pagidipati NJ, Gaziano TA. Estimating deaths from cardiovascular disease: a review of global methodologies of mortality measurement. Circulation 2013; 127(6): 749-56.
2. Estruch R, Ros E, Salas-Salvadó J, Covas M-I, Corella D, Arós F, et al. Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease with a Mediterranean diet. NEJM 2013; 368(14): 1279-90.
3. Leosco D, Rengo G, Iaccarino G, Golino L, Marchese M, Fortunato F, et al. Exercise promotes angiogenesis and improves β-adrenergic receptor signalling in the post-ischaemic failing rat heart. CVR 2007; 78(2): 385-94.
4. Sugiyama A, Hirano Y, Okada M, Yamawaki H. Endostatin Stimulates Proliferation and Migration of Myofibroblasts Isolated from Myocardial Infarction Model Rats. IJMS 2018; 19(3): 741.
5. Prapulla DV, Sujatha PB, Pradeep A. Gingival crevicular fluid VEGF levels in periodontal health and disease. J Periodontol 2007; 78 (9):1783-7.
6. Li L, Zeng H, Chen JX. Apelin-13 increases myocardial progenitor cells and improves repair postmyocardial infarction. AJP-Heart Circ 2012; 303(5): 605-18.
7. Terjung R. What makes vessels grow with exercise training. J Appl Physiol 2004; 97(3): 1119-28.
8. Carmeliet P. Angiogenesis in life, disease and medicine. Nature 2005; 438(7070): 932.
9. Thébaud B. Angiogenesis in lung development, injury and repair: implications for chronic lung disease of prematurity. Neonatology 2007; 91(4): 291-7.
10. Kasahara Y, Tuder RM, Cool CD, Lynch DA, Flores SC, Voelkel NF. Endothelial cell death and decreased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 in emphysema. AJRCCM 2001; 163(3): 737-44.
11. Falk E, Shah PK, Fuster V. Coronary plaque disruption. Circulation 1995; 92(3): 657-71.
12. Erekat NS, Al-Jarrah MD, Al Khatib AJ. Treadmill exercise training improves vascular endothelial growth factor expression in the cardiac muscle of type I diabetic rats. Cardiol Res 2014; 5(1): 23.
13. Ranjbar K, Nazem F, Nazari A, Gholami M, Nezami AR, Ardakanizade M, et al. Synergistic effects of nitric oxide and exercise on revascularisation in the infarcted ventricle in a murine model of myocardial infarction. Excli J 2015; 14: 1104.
14. Gu JW, Shparago M, Tan W, Bailey AP. Tissue endostatin correlates inversely with capillary network in rat heart and skeletal muscles. Angiogenesis 2006; 9(2): 93-9.
15. Nourshahi M, Hedayati M, Nemati J, Ranjbar K, Gholamali M. Effect of 8 weeks endurance training on serum vascular endothelial growth factor and endostatin in wistar rats. Koomesh 2012; 13(4): 474-9.
16. Lloyd PG, Prior BM, Yang HT, Terjung RL. Angiogenic growth factor expression in rat skeletal muscle in response to exercise training. AJP-Heart Circ 2003; 284(5): 1668-78.
17. Bertinchant J, Robert E, Polge A, Marty-Double C, Fabbro-Peray P, Poirey S, et al. Comparison of the diagnostic value of cardiac troponin I and T determinations for detecting early myocardial damage and the relationship with histological findings after isoprenaline-induced cardiac injury in rats. Clin Chim Acta 2000; 298(1-2): 13-28.
18. Lobo Filho HG, Ferreira NL, Sousa RBd, Carvalho ERd, Lobo PLD, Lobo Filho JG. Experimental model of myocardial infarction induced by isoproterenol in rats. BJCVS 2011; 26(3): 469-76.
19. Afzalpour ME, Yousefi MR, Eivari SHA, Ilbeigi S. Changes in blood insulin resistance, GLUT4 & AMPK after continuous and interval aerobic training in normal and diabetic rats. J App Pharm Sci 2016; 6: 76-81.
20. Rivilis I, Milkiewicz M, Boyd P, Goldstein J, Brown MD, Egginton S, et al. Differential involvement of MMP-2 and VEGF during muscle stretch-versus shear stress-induced angiogenesis. AJP-Heart Circ 2002; 283(4): 430-8.
21. Hirota K, Semenza GL. Regulation of angiogenesis by hypoxia-inducible factor 1. CROH 2006; 59)1(: 15-26.
22. Mehrialvar Y, Ramazani A, Gaeini A, Golab F, Gheiratmand R. The effect of exercise intervention on angiogenesis gene expression )inducing and inhibiting factors( following myocardial ischemia-reperfusion. EBNESINA- J Med 2017; 19(3): 13-23.
23. Jones WS, Duscha BD, Robbins JL, Duggan NN, Regensteiner JG, Kraus WE, et al. Alteration in angiogenic and anti-angiogenic forms of vascular endothelial growth factor-A in skeletal muscle of patients with intermittent claudication following exercise training. Vasc Med 2012; 17(2): 94-100.
24. Duggan C, Xiao L, Wang CY, McTiernan A. Effect of a 12-month exercise intervention on serum biomarkers of angiogenesis in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trial. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2014; 23(4): 648-57.
25. Wynn T. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of fibrosis. J Pathol. 2008; 214(2):199-210.
26. Brixius K, Schoenberger S, Ladage D, Knigge H, Falkowski G, Hellmich M, et al. Long-term endurance exercise decreases antiangiogenic endostatin signalling in overweight men aged 50–60 years. BJSM 2008; 42(2): 126-9.
27. Suhr F, Rosenwick C, Vassiliadis A, Bloch W, Brixius K. Regulation of extracellular matrix compounds involved in angiogenic processes in short- and long-track elite runners. Scand J Med Sci Sports 2010; 20(3): 441-8.
28. Sponder M, Campean IA, Emich M, Fritzer-Szekeres M, Litschauer B, Graf S, et al. Long-term physical activity leads to a significant increase in serum sRAGE levels: a sign of decreased AGE-mediated inflammation due to physical activity? Heart Vessels 2018; 33(8): 893-900.
29. Nourshahi M, Farahmand F, Bigdeli MR. Effect of cinnamon-extract supplementation on VEGF and Endostatin level in hind leg muscle of aged rats after one session of exhaustive exercise. Iran J P P 2017; 1(3): 184-76.
30. Seida A, Wada J, Kunitomi M, Tsuchiyama Y, Miyatake N, Fujii M, et al. Serum bFGF levels are reduced in Japanese overweight men and restored by a 6-month exercise education. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2003; 27(11): 1325-31.
31. Noris M, Morigi M, Donadelli R, Aiello S, Foppolo M, Todeschini M, et al. Nitric oxide synthesis by cultured endothelial cells is modulated by flow conditions. Circ Res. 1995; 76(4): 536-43.
32. Okada M, Oba Y, Yamawaki H. Endostatin stimulates proliferation and migration of adult rat cardiac fibroblasts through PI3K/Akt pathway. Eur J Pharmacol 2015; 750: 20-6.