1. Ullah F, Liang A, Rangel A, Gyengesi E, Niedermayer G, Münch G. High bioavailability curcumin: an anti-inflammatory and neurosupportive bioactive nutrient for neurodegenerative diseases characterized by chronic neuroinflammation. Archives Toxicol 2017; 91(4): 1623-34.
2. Kumar TP, Antony S, Gireesh G, George N, Paulose CS. Curcumin modulates dopaminergic receptor, CREB and phospholipase C gene expression in the cerebral cortex and cerebellum of streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. J Biomed Sci 2010; 17(1): 43.
3. Yue YK, Mo B, Zhao J, Yu YJ, Liu L, Yue CL, Liu W. Neuroprotective effect of curcumin against oxidative damage in BV-2 microglia and high intraocular pressure animal model. J Ocular Pharmacol Ther 2014; 30(8): 657-64.
4. Yu SY, Zhang M, Luo J, Zhang L, Shao Y, Li G. Curcumin ameliorates memory deficits via neuronal nitric oxide synthase in aged mice. Prog Neuro-Psychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2013; 45: 47-53.
5. Dong S, Zeng Q, Mitchell ES, Xiu J, Duan Y, Li C, et al. Curcumin enhances neurogenesis and cognition in aged rats: implications for transcriptional interactions related to growth and synaptic plasticity. PloS One 2012; 7(2): e31211.
6. Nam SM, Choi JH, Yoo DY, Kim W, Jung HY, Kim JW, et al. Effects of curcumin (Curcuma longa) on learning and spatial memory as well as cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation in adult and aged mice by upregulating brain-derived neurotrophic factor and CREB signaling. J Med Food 2014; 17(6): 641-9.
7. Ataie A, Sabetkasaei M, Haghparast A, Moghaddam AH, Ataie R, Moghaddam SN. An investigation of the neuroprotective effects of Curcumin in a model of Homocysteine-induced oxidative stress in the rat's brain. DARU 2010; 18(2): 128.
8. Al-Hasani R. Bruchas M.R. Molecular mechanisms of opioid receptor-dependent signaling and behavior. Anesthesiology 2011; 115(6): 1363-81.
9. Jafarinejad-Farsangi S. Farazmand A. Rezayof A. Darbandi N. Proteome Analysis of Rat Hippocampus Following Morphine-induced Amnesia and State-dependent Learning. Iran J Pharm Res 2015; 14(2): 591-602.
10. Paul V, Ekambaram P. Involvement of nitric oxide in learning & memory processes. Indian J Med Res 2011; 133(5): 471.
11. Jafari-Sabet M. Khodadadnejad MA, Ghoraba S, Ataee R. Nitric oxide in the dorsal hippocampal area is involved on muscimol state-dependent memory in the step-down passive avoidance test. Pharm Biochem Behav 2014; 117: 137-43.
12. Tonin AA, Da Silva AS, Thomé GR, Sangoi MB, Oliveira LS, Flores MM, et al. Influence of toxoplasmosis on acetylcholinesterase activity, nitric oxide levels and cellular lesion on the brain of mice. Pathology Res Practice 2014; 210(8): 526-32.
13. Zhu W, Su J, Liu J, Jiang C. The involvement of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in the anti-epileptic action of curcumin on pentylenetetrazol-kindled rats. Bio-Medical Materials engineering 2015; 26(s1): S841-S50.
14. Yu SY, Zhang M, Luo J, Zhang L, Shao Y, Li G. Curcumin ameliorates memory deficits via neuronal nitric oxide synthase in aged mice. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2013; 45: 47-53.
15. Aboul-Enein F. Comment on the article entitled'Frequency of cognitive impairment dramatically increases during the first 5 years of multiple sclerosis' by Reuter F, Zaaraoui W, Crespy L, Faivre A, Rico A, Malikova I, Soulier E, Viout P, Ranjeva JP, Pelletier J, Audo. 2018.
16. Liu D, Wang Z, Gao Z, Xie K, Zhang Q, Jiang H, et al. Effects of curcumin on learning and memory deficits, BDNF, and ERK protein expression in rats exposed to chronic unpredictable stress. Behav Brain Res 2014; 271: 116-21.
17. Ardjmand A, Rezayof A, Zarrindast MR. Involvement of central amygdala NMDA receptor mechanism in morphine state-dependent memory retrieval. Neurosci Res 2011; 69(1): 25-31.
18. Torkaman-Boutorabi A, Sheidadoust H, Hashemi-Hezaveh SM. Zarrindast M.-R. Influence of morphine on medial prefrontal cortex alpha2 adrenergic system in passive avoidance learning in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2015; 133: 92-8.
19. Wang M, Li D, Yun D, Zhuang Y. Repunte-Canonigo V, Sanna PP, et al. Translation of BDNF-gene transcripts with short 3' UTR in hippocampal CA1 neurons improves memory formation and enhances synaptic plasticity-relevant signaling pathways. Neurobiol Learn Mem 2017; 138: 121-34.
20. Heydari A. Davoudi S. The effect of sertraline and 8-OH-DPAT on the PTZ_induced seizure threshold: Role of the nitrergic system. Seizure 2017; 45: 119-24.
21. Oz M, Nurullahoglu Atalik KE,Yerlikaya FH, Demir EA. Curcumin alleviates cisplatin-induced learning and memory impairments. Neurobiol Learn Mem 2015; 123: 43-9.
22. Kitanaka J, Kitanaka N, Hall FS, Fujii M, Goto A, Kanda Y, et al. Memory impairment and reduced exploratory behavior in mice after administration of systemic morphine. J Experimental Neurosci 2015; 9: JEN. S25057.
23. Motamedi F, Ghasemi M, Davoodi F, Naghdi N. Comparison of learning and memory in morphine dependent rats using different behavioral models. Iran J Pharmaceutical Res 2003; 2(4): 225-30.
24. Pan J, He L, Li X, Li M, Zhang X, Venesky J, et al. Activating autophagy in hippocampal cells alleviates the morphine-induced memory impairment. Molecul Neurobiol 2017; 54(3): 1710-24.
25. Sharifi KA, Rezayof A,Torkaman-Boutorabi A, Zarrindast MR. The major neurotransmitter systems in the basolateral amygdala and the ventral tegmental area mediate morphine-induced memory consolidation impairment. Neuroscience 2017; 353: 7-16.
26. Bassani TB, Turnes JM, Moura EL, Bonato JM, Cóppola-Segovia V, Zanata SM, et al. Effects of curcumin on short-term spatial and recognition memory, adult neurogenesis and neuroinflammation in a streptozotocin-induced rat model of dementia of Alzheimer’s type. Behav Brain Res 2017; 335: 41-54.
27. Hemachandra Reddy P, Manczak M, Yin X, Grady MC, Mitchell A, Tonk S, et al. Protective Effects of Indian Spice Curcumin Against Amyloid-β in Alzheimer’s Disease. J Alzheimer's Disease 2018; 61(3): 843-6.
28. SoukhakLari R, Moezi L, Pirsalami F, Ashjazadeh N, Moosavi M. The passive avoidance memory improving effect of curcumin in young adult mice: Considering hippocampal MMP-2, MMP-9 and Akt/GSK3β. PharmaNutrition 2018; 6(3): 95-9.
29. Sarlak Z, Oryan S, Moghaddasi M. Interaction between the antioxidant activity of curcumin and cholinergic system on memory retention in adult male Wistar rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2015; 18(4): 398.
30. Zhou H, S Beevers C, Huang S. The targets of curcumin. Current Drug Targets 2011; 12(3): 332-47.
31. Wang H, Peng RY. Basic roles of key molecules connected with NMDAR signaling pathway on regulating learning and memory and synaptic plasticity. Military Med Res 2016; 3(1): 26.
32. Paul C, Schöberl F, Weinmeister P, Micale V, Wotjak C, Hofmann F, et al. Role of cGMP-dependent protein kinases for fear memory formation in the lateral amygdala. BMC Pharmacol 2009; 9(1): S21.
33. Farahmandfar M, Kadivar M, Naghdi N. Possible interaction of hippocampal nitric oxide and calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II on reversal of spatial memory impairment induced by morphine. European J Pharmacol 2015; 751: 99-111.
34. Khavandgar S, Homayoun H, Zarrindast MR. The effect of L-NAME and L-arginine on impairment of memory formation and state-dependent learning induced by morphine in mice. Psychopharmacol (Berl) 2003; 167(3): 291-6.
35. Guerra GP, Mello CF, Bochi GV, Pazini AM, Fachinetto R, Dutra RC, et al. Hippocampal PKA/CREB pathway is involved in the improvement of memory induced by spermidine in rats. Neurobiol Learn Mem 2011; 96(2): 324-32.
36. Pigott BM, Garthwaite J. Nitric oxide is required for L-type Ca2+ channel-dependent long-term potentiation in the hippocampus. Front Synaptic Neurosci 2016; 8: 17.
37. Garthwaite J, Boulton CL. Nitric oxide signaling in the central nervous system. Annu Rev Physiol 1995; 57: 683-706.
38. Mohseni G, Ostadhadi S, Akbarian R, Chamanara M, Norouzi-Javidan A, Dehpour AR. Anticonvulsant effect of dextrometrophan on pentylenetetrazole-induced seizures in mice: Involvement of nitric oxide and N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors. Epilepsy Behav 2016; 65: 49-55.
39. Bergstrom HC, Darvesh AS, Berger S. Inducible Nitric Oxide Inhibitors Block NMDA Antagonist-Stimulated Motoric Behaviors and Medial Prefrontal Cortical Glutamate Efflux. Frontiers Pharmacol 2015; 6: 292.
40. Sweatt JD. Neural plasticity and behavior–sixty years of conceptual advances. J Neurochem 2016; 139(S2): 179-99.
41. Zhuo M, Hawkins RD. Long-term depression: a learning-related type of synaptic plasticity in the mammalian central nervous system. Reviews Neurosciences 1995; 6(3): 259-78.
42. Hall CN, Garthwaite J. What is the real physiological NO concentration in vivo? Nitric oxide 2009; 21(2): 92-103.
43. dos Reis EA, de Oliveira LS, Lamers ML, Netto CA, Wyse AT. Arginine administration inhibits hippocampal Na(+),K(+)-ATPase activity and impairs retention of an inhibitory avoidance task in rats. Brain Res 2002; 951(2): 151-7.