1. Zimmet PZ, Magliano DJ, Herman WH, Shaw JE. Diabetes: a 21st century challenge. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2014; 2(1): 56-64.
2. Azizi Z, Mansoorpoor S, Sabzehvarifard A, Asaie S, Ranjbar Omrani Gh. Effect of Estradiol valerate on pancreatic beta cells resistance in diabetic female rats by streptozotocin. Iran South Med J 2014; 17(2): 107-19. [in Persian]
3. Maritim AC, Sanders RA, Watkins JB 3rd. Diabetes, oxidative stress, and antioxidants: a review, J. Biochem. Mol. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 2003; 17(1): 24-38.
4. Sadi G, Kartal DI, Guray T. Regulation of glutathione S-transferase Mu with type 1 diabetes and its regulation with antioxidants. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 2003; 17(1): 24-38.
5. Bonnefont-Rousselot D. Glucose and reactive oxygen species. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 2002; 5: 561-8.
6. Schieber M, Chandel NS. ROS function in redox signaling and oxidative stress. Curr Biol 2014; 24(10): R453-462.
7. Bayir H, Kagan VE. Bench-to-bedside review: Mitochondrial injury, oxidative stress and apoptosis– there is nothing more practical than a good theory. Crit Care 2008; 12(1):206.
8. Maritim AC, Sanders RA, Watkins Iii JB. Diabetes, oxidative stress, and antioxidants: a review. J. Biochem Mol Toxicol 2003; 17:24-38.
9. Schattenberg JM, Schuchmann M. Diabetes and apoptosis: liver. Apoptosis 2009; 14(12):1459-71.
10. Bezzerides V, Rosenzweig A, Saying yes to exercise and NO to cardiac injury. Circ Res 2011; 108(12): 1414-6.
11. Khademi Z, Imani E, HeidaryKhormizi M, PoordadKhodaei A, Sarneyzadeh M, Nikparvar M, et al. A Study on The Variation of Medicinal Plants Used for Controlling Blood Sugar and Causes of Self Medication by Patients Referred to Bandarabbas Diabetic Center. J diabete nur2013; 1(1):12-20. [in Persian]
12. Namazi N, Bahrami A. Effect of Hydro-alcoholic Nettle Extract on Lipid Profiles and Blood Pressure in Type2 Diabetes Patients. IJEM 2012; 13(5):449-58. [in Persian]
13. Cavallaro A, Ainis T, Bottari C and Fimiani V. Effect of resveratrol on some activities of isolated and in whole blood human neutrophils. Physiol Res 2003; 52(5): 555-62.
14. Wang H, Yang YJ, Qian HY, Zhang Q, Xu H, Li JJ, et al. Resveratrol in cardiovascular disease: What is known from current research? Heart Fail Rev 2012; 17(3): 437-48.
15. Rubiolo JA, Mithieux G, Vega FV. Resveratrol protects primary rat hepatocytes against oxidative stress damage: activation of the Nrf2 transcription factor and augmented activities of antioxidant enzymes. Eur J Pharmacol 2008; 591(1-3): 66-72.
16. Shang J, Chen LL, Xiao FX, Sun H, Ding HC, Xiao H, et al. Resveratrol improves non-alcoholic fatty liver disease by activating AMPactivated protein kinase1. Acta Pharmacol Sin 2008; 29(6): 698-706.
17. Schmatz R, Perreira LB, Stefanello N, Mazzanti C, Spanevello R, Gutierres J, et al. Effects of resveratrol on biomarkers of oxidative stress and on the activity of delta aminolevulinic acid dehydratase in liver and kidney of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Biochimie 2012; 94(2): 374-83.
18. Su HC, Hung LM, Chen JK. Resveratrol, a red wine antioxidant, possesses an insulin-like effect in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2006; 290(6): E1339-46.
19. Chi TC, Chen WP, Chi TL, Kuo TF, Lee SS, Cheng JT, et al. Phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase is involved in the antihyperglycemic effect induced by resveratrol in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Life Sci 2007; 80(18): 1713-20.
20. Schmatz R, Schetinger MR, Spanevello RM, Mazzanti CM, Stefanello N, Maldonado PA, et al. Effects of resveratrol on nucleotide degrading enzymes in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Life Sci 2009; 84(11-12): 345-50.
21. Hafstad AD, Boardman N, Aasum E. How exercise may amend metabolic disturbances in diabetic cardiomyopathy. Antioxid Redox Signal 2015; 22(17): 1587-605.
22. Jonker JT, de Mol P, de Vries ST, Widya RL, Hammer S, van Schinkel LD, et al. Exercise and type 2 diabetes mellitus: changes in tissue-specific fat distribution and cardiac function. Radiology 2013; 269(2): 434-42.
23. Kanter M, Aksu F, Takir M, Kostek O, Kanter B, Oymagil A, et al. Effects of low intensity exercise against apoptosis and oxidative stress in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat heart. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2017 Oct; 125(9): 583-91.
24. Koçtürk S, Kayatekin BM, Resmi H, Açıkgöz O, Kaynak C, Özer E, et al. The apoptotic response to strenuous exercise of the gastrocnemius and solues muscle fibers in rats. Eur J Appl Physiol 2008; 102(5): 515-24.
25. Moeinifard M, Hedayati M. Alloxan and streptozotocin, a research tool for diabetes. J Appl Exerc Physiol 2015; 10(20): 13-22. [in Persian]
26. Linden MA, Fletcher JA, Morris EM, Meers GM, Laughlin MH, Booth FW, et al. Treating NAFLD in OLETF rats with vigorous-intensity interval exercise training. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2015; 47(3): 556.
27. Mozafari M, Nekooeian A, Panjeshahin MR, Zare HA. The Effects of Resveratrol in Rats with Simultaneous Type 2 Diabetes and Renal Hypertension: a Study of Antihypertensive Mechanism. Iran J Med Sci March 2015; 40(2): 152-60. [in Persian]
28. Shankar S, Singh G, Srivastava RK. Chemoprevention by resveratrol: molecular mechanisms and therapeutic potential. Front Biosci 2007; 12: 4839-54.
29. Abdolmohammadi M, MohammadPoor R, Safarian Sh. Study of inhibitory effects of sodium sulfobenzamide on growth and proliferation of T-47D cells with emphasis on apoptosis and cell cycle stop. J Sci 2010; 36 (2): 41-29. [in Persian]
30. Depre C, Young ME, Ying J, Ahuja HS, Han Q, Garza N, et al. Streptozotocin-induced changes in cardiac gene expression in the absence of severe contractile dysfunction. J Mol Cell Cardiol 2000; 32: 985-96.
31. Cai L, Kang YJ. Cell death and diabetic cardiomyopathy. Cardiovasc Toxicol 2003; 3: 219-28.
32. Johansen JS, Harris AK, Rychly DJ, Ergul A. Oxidative stress and the use of antioxidants in diabetes: linking basic science to clinical practice. Cardiovasc Diabetol 2005; 4: 5.
33. Frances DE, Ronco MT, Monti JA, Ingaramo PI, Pisani GB, Parody JP, et al. Hyperglycemia induces apoptosis in rat liver through the increase of hydroxyl radical: new insights into the insulin effect. J Endocrinol 2010; 205(2): 187-200.
34. Reed JC. Bcl-2 and the regulation of programmed cell death. J Cell Biol 1994; 124(1-2):1-6.
35. Alamdari N, Aversa Z, Castillero E, Gurav A, Petkova V, Tizio S, et al. Resveratrol prevents dexamethasone-induced expression of the muscle atrophy-related ubiquitin ligases atrogin-1 and MuRF1 in cultured myotubes through a SIRT1- dependent mechanism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2012; 417(1): 528-33.
36. Pollack M, Phaneuf S, Dirks A, Leeuwenburgh C. The role of apoptosis in the normal aging brain, skeletal muscle, and heart. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2002; 959: 93-107.
37. Farzanegi P, Habibian M, AlinejadH, The Combined Effect of Regular Aerobic Exercise with Garlic Extract on Renal Apoptosis Regulatory Factors in Aged rats with Chronic Kidney Disease. AMUJ 2016; 19(108): 62-70. [in Persian]
38. Farzanegi P, Mahdian H, Farzaneh-Hesari A. The effect of combined therapy with resveratrol, and continuous and interval exercises on levels of apoptotic biomarkers in heart tissue of male rats with non-alcoholic fatty liver. Feyz 2018; 22(5): 469-77. [in Persian]
39. Kwak H-B, Lee Y, Kim JH, Van Remmen H, Richardson AG, Lawler JM, et al. MnSOD overexpression reduces fibrosis and pro-apoptotic signaling in the aging mouse heart. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2015; 70(5): 533-44.
40. Aboutaleb N, Shamsaei N, Khaksari M, Erfani S, Rajabi H, Nikbakht F, et al. Pre-ischemic exercise reduces apoptosis in hippocampal CA3 cells after cerebral ischemia by modulation of the Bax/Bcl-2 proteins ratio and prevention of caspase-3 activation. J Physiol Sci 2015; 65(5): 435-43.
41. Wu RE, Huang WC, Liao CC, Chang YK, Kan NW, Huang CC, et al. Resveratrol protects against physical fatigue and improves exercise performance in mice. Molecules 2013; 18(4): 4689-702.
42. Wang ZM, Chen YC, Wang DP. Resveratrol, a natural antioxidant, protects monosodium iodoacetate-induced osteoarthritic pain in rats. Biomed Pharmacother 2016; 83: 763-70.
43. Chen KC, Peng CC, Hsieh CL, Peng RY. Exercise ameliorates renal cell apoptosis in chronic kidney disease by intervening in the intrinsic and the extrinsic apoptotic pathways in a rat model. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013; 2013: 368450
44. Kwak H-B, Song W, Lawler JM. Exercise training attenuates age-induced elevation in Bax/Bcl-2 ratio, apoptosis, and remodeling in the rat heart. FASEB J 2006; 20(6): 791-3.
45. Karimi N, Abbasalipourkabir R, Sadeghabadi Z, Asrin Ziamajidi N. The level of gene expression of Bax and Bcl-2 and the activity of caspase 3 in the liver tissues of normal, type 1 and type 2 diabetic rats before and after treatment with aqueous extract of garlic, JSSU 2017; 25(7): 547-55. [in Persian]
46. Hong JH, Kim MJ, Park MR, Kwag OG, Lee IS, Byun BH, et al. Effects of vitamin E on oxidative stress and membrane fluidity in brain of streptozotocin induced diabetic Rats. Clin Chim Acta 2004; 340: 107-15.
47. Javid Tabrizi N, Bashiri J, Narimani Rad M. Effect of 12 Weeks of Treadmill Aerobic Training on Cytochrome c and Caspase-3 gene Expression in Cardiac Muscle of Male Rats, Qom Univ Med Sci J 2017; 11(6): 1-9. [in Persian]
48. Shirpoor A, Salami S, Khadem Ansari MK, Ghaderi Pakdel F, Khadem Vatani K, Saadatian R, Karimipour M, et al. Protective Effect of Vitamin E on Diabetes Induced Apoptosis and Oxidative Stress in Rat Heart Tissue. IJEM 2008; 10(1): 67-74. [in Persian]
49. Kapoor R, Kakkar P. Naringenin accords hepatoprotection from streptozotocin induced diabetes in vivo by modulating mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptotic signaling cascade. Toxicol Rep 2014; 1: 569-81.
50. Alabdan MA. Silimarin ameliorates liver damage by modulating oxidative stress and apoptosis in liver of STZinduced diabetic rats. Int J Adv Res 2016; 4(3): 1935-42.
51. Giribabu N, Karim K, Kilari EK, Kassim NM, Salleh N. Anti-Inflammatory, anti-apoptotic and proproliferative effects of Vitis Vinifera seed ethanolic extract in the liver of streptozotocin- nicotinamide-induced diabetes in male rats. Can J Diabetes 2018; 42(2): 138-49.
52. Inoue H, Kishimoto A, Ushikoshi-Nakayama R, Hasaka A, Takahashi A, Ryo K, et al. Resveratrol improves salivary dysfunction in a non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse model of Sjogren's syndrome. J Clin Biochem Nutr 2016; 59(2): 107-12.
53. Tofighi A, Ebrahimi Kalan A, Jamali Qarakhanlou BJ. The effect of resveratrol supplementation and aerobic training on cardiac tissue alteration of rats with acute myocardial infarction. Iran J Physiol Pharmacol 2017; 1: 211-21 .[in Persian]
54. Hajighasem A, Farzanegi P, Mazaheri Z. Effects of combined therapy with resveratrol, continuous and interval exercises on apoptosis, oxidative stress, and inflammatory biomarkers in the liver of old rats with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Arch Physiol Biochem 2018; 20: 1-8.
55. Tung BT, Rodriguez-Bies E, Thanh HN, Le- Thi-Thu H, Navas P, Sanchez VM, et al. Organ and tissue-dependent effect of resveratrol and exercise on antioxidant defenses of old mice. Aging Clin Exp Res 2015; 27(6): 775-83.