1. Prager R. Harrison's Cardiovascular Medicine, Joseph Loscalzo (Ed.). McGraw Hill Professional, New York (2010), 636, illustrated, $74.95, ISBN: 978-0-07-170291-1.
2. Roth GA, Huffman MD, Moran AE, Feigin V, Mensah GA, Naghavi M, et al. Global and regional patterns in cardiovascular mortality from 1990 to 2013. Circulation 2015; 132(17): 1667–78.
3. World Health Organization. Cardiovascular diseases, The top 10 causes of death 2016. Available at: http://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death
4. Laufer EM, Reutelingsperger CP, Narula J, Hofstra L. Annexin A5: an imaging biomarker of cardiovascular risk. Basic Res Cardiol 2008; 103(2): 95–104.
5. Čulić V, Eterović D, Mirić D. Meta-analysis of possible external triggers of acute myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol 2005; 99(1): 1–8.
6. Boyer MJ. Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-surgical Nursing. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2009.
7. Milleron O, Pillière R, Foucher A, de Roquefeuil F, Aegerter P, Jondeau G, et al. Benefits of obstructive sleep apnoea treatment in coronary artery disease: a long-term follow-up study. Eur Heart J 2004; 25(9): 728–34.
8. Freedman NS, Kotzer N, Schwab RJ. Patient Perception of Sleep Quality and Etiology of Sleep Disruption in the Intensive Care Unit. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1999; 159(4): 1155–62.
9. Nesami MB, Gorji MA, Rezaie S, Pouresmail Z, Cherati JY. Effect of acupressure with valerian oil 2.5% on the quality and quantity of sleep in patients with acute coronary syndrome in a cardiac intensive care unit. J Tradit Complement Med 2015; 1–7.
10. Cicek H, Armutcu B, Dizer B, Yava A, Tosun N, Celik T. Sleep quality of patients hospitalized in the coronary intensive care unit and the affecting factors. Int J Caring Sci 2014; 7(1): 324-32.
11. Leineweber C, Kecklund G, Janszky I, Akerstedt T, Orth-Gomér K. Poor sleep increases the prospective risk for recurrent events in middle-aged women with coronary disease. The Stockholm Female Coronary Risk Study. J Psychosom Res 2003; 54(2): 121–7.
12. Neyse F, Daneshmandi M, Sadeghi Sharme, M, Ebadi A. The effect of earplugs on sleep quality in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Iran J Crit Care Nurs 2011; 4(3): 127-34. [in Persian]
13. Rustam Jalali, et al. Designing a reliable instrument for assessing sleep disturbance in coronary heart disease patients. [in persian]. Available at: http://research.kums.ac.ir/webdocument/load.action?webdocument_code=1000&masterCode=3001863
14. Sepahvand E, Mirzaei M, Sahaf R. Evaluation of Sleep Disturbances in patients with acute coronary syndrome in cardiac care unit by using specific questionnaires. (2015): 45-51.
15. Sharma M, Sawhney JP, Panda S. Sleep quality and duration-potentially modifiable risk factors for Coronary Artery Disease? Indian Heart J 2014; 66(6): 565–8.
16. Johansen A, Buck H, Lee C. Sleep-wake-activity and health-related quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease. J Cardiovasc Nurs 2012; 27: 8-15.
17. Edéll-Gustafsson U. Sleep, psychological symptoms and quality of life in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting. Nordic J Psychiatry 1999; 53(2): 159-62.
18. Al Otair H, Al-Shamiri M, Bahobail M, Sharif MM, BaHammam AS. Assessment of sleep patterns, energy expenditure and circadian rhythms of skin temperature in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Med Sci Monit 2011; 17(7): CR397-403.
19. Menefee LA, Frank ED, Doghramji K, Picarello K, Park JJ, Jalali S, et al. Self-reported sleep quality and quality of life for individuals with chronic pain conditions. Clin J Pain 2000; 16(4): 290-7.
20. Chandola T, Ferrie JE, Perski A, Akbaraly T, Marmot MG. The Effect of Short Sleep Duration on Coronary Heart Disease Risk is Greatest Among Those with Sleep Disturbance: A Prospective Study from the Whitehall II Cohort. Sleep 2010; 33(6): 739–44.
21. Gottlieb DJ, Redline S, Nieto FJ, Baldwin CM, Newman AB, Resnick HE, et al. Association of Usual Sleep Duration With Hypertension: The Sleep Heart Health Study. Sleep 2006; 29(8): 1009–14.
22. Laugsand LE, Vatten LJ, Platou C, Janszky I. Insomnia and the risk of acute myocardial infarction: Apopulayion study. Circulation 2011; 124(9): 2073-81
23. Kripke DF. Hypnotic drug risks of mortality, infection, depression, and cancer: but lack of benefit. F1000Research 2016.
24. BaHammam A, Alrajeh M, Albabtain M, Bahammam S, Sharif M. Circadian pattern of sleep, energy expenditure, and body temperature of young healthy men during the intermittent fasting of Ramadan. Appetite 2010; 54(2): 426-9.
25. Hweidi IM. Jordanian patients’ perception of stressors in critical care units: a questionnaire survey. Int J Nurs Stud 2007; 44(2): 227–35.