1. Forouzanfar MH, Afshin A, Alexander LT, Anderson HR, Bhutta ZA, Biryukov S, et al. Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015. Lancet 2016; 388(10053): 1659-1724.
2. Norris C, Goldberg MS, Marshall JD, Valois M-F, Pradeep T, Narayanswamy M, et al. A panel study of the acute effects of personal exposure to household air pollution on ambulatory blood pressure in rural Indian women. Environ Res 2016; 147: 331-42.
3. Pope CA, Turner MC, Burnett R, Jerrett M, Gapstur SM, Diver WR, et al. Relationships between fine particulate air pollution, cardiometabolic disorders and cardiovascular mortality. Circ Res 2015; 116(1): 108-15.
4. Leonardi G, Houthuijs D, Steerenberg P, Fletcher T, Armstrong B, Antova T, et al. Immune biomarkers in relation to exposure to particulate matter: a cross-sectional survey in 17 cities of Central Europe. Inhalation Toxicol 2000; 12(suppl 4): 1-14.
5. Baldacci S, Maio S, Cerrai S, Sarno G, Baïz N, Simoni M, et al. Allergy and asthma: Effects of the exposure to particulate matter and biological allergens. Respir Med 2015; 109(9): 10, 89-104.
6. Weichenthal S, Villeneuve PJ, Burnett RT, van Donkelaar A, Martin RV, Jones RR, et al. Long-term exposure to fine particulate matter: association with nonaccidental and cardiovascular mortality in the agricultural health study cohort. Environ Health Perspect 2014; 122(6): 609.
7. Gharibvand L, Shavlik D, Ghamsary M, Beeson WL, Soret S, Knutsen R, et al. The association between ambient fine particulate air pollution and lung cancer incidence: results from the AHSMOG-2 study. Environ Health Perspect 2017; 125(3): 378.
8. Fashi M, Alinejad HA, Mahabadi HA. The Effect of Aerobic Exercise in Ambient Particulate Matter on Lung Tissue Inflammation and Lung Cancer. Iran J Cancer Prevention 2015; 8(3).
9. van EEDEN SF, Tan WC, Suwa T, Mukae H, Terashima T, Fujii T, et al. Cytokines involved in the systemic inflammatory response induced by exposure to particulate matter air pollutants (PM10). Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001; 164(5): 826-30.
10. Inoue Ki, Yanagisawa R, Koike E, Nakamura R, Ichinose T, Tasaka S, et al. Effects of Carbon Black Nanoparticles on Elastase‐Induced Emphysematous Lung Injury in Mice. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2011; 108(4): 234-40.
11. Hunter CJ, De Plaen IG. Inflammatory signaling in NEC: role of NF-κB, cytokines and other inflammatory mediators. Pathophysiology 2014; 21(1): 55-65.
12. Abbas AK, Lichtman AH, Pillai S. Cellular and Molecular Immunology E-Book: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2014.
13. Silbajoris R, Osornio-Vargas AR, Simmons SO, Reed W, Bromberg PA, Dailey LA, et al. Ambient particulate matter induces interleukin-8 expression through an alternative NF-κB (nuclear factor-kappa B) mechanism in human airway epithelial cells. Environ Health Perspect 2011; 119: 1379.
14. Niwa Y, Hiura Y, Sawamura H, Iwai N. Inhalation exposure to carbon black induces inflammatory response in rats. Circulation J 2008; 72(1): 144-9.
15. Bourdon JA, Saber AT, Jacobsen NR, Jensen KA, Madsen AM, Lamson JS, et al. Carbon black nanoparticle instillation induces sustained inflammation and genotoxicity in mouse lung and liver. Part Fibre Toxicol 2012; 9(1): 5.
16. Catai A, Chacon-Mikahil M, Martinelli F, Forti V, Silva E, Golfetti R, et al. Effects of aerobic exercise training on heart rate variability during wakefulness and sleep and cardiorespiratory responses of young and middle-aged healthy men. Braz J Med Biol Res 2002; 35(6): 741-52.
17. Dixit S, Maiya A, Shastry B. Effect of aerobic exercise on quality of life in population with diabetic peripheral neuropathy in type 2 diabetes: a single blind, randomized controlled trial. Quality Life Res 2014; 23(5): 1629-40.
18. Cai M, Zou Z. Effect of aerobic exercise on blood lipid and glucose in obese or overweight adults: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Obes Res Clin Pract 2016; 10: 589-602.
19. Whelton SP, Chin A, Xin X, He J. Effect of aerobic exercise on blood pressurea meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials. Ann InternMed 2002; 136(7): 493-503.
20. Gremeaux V, Gayda M, Lepers R, Sosner P, Juneau M, Nigam A. Exercise and longevity. Maturitas 2012; 73(4): 312-7.
21. Medlow PW. The effects of aerobic exercise on oxidative stress and cardiovascular risk factors in aging and type II diabetes mellitus: University of Ulster; 2013.
22. Radak Z, Chung HY, Goto S. Systemic adaptation to oxidative challenge induced by regular exercise. Free Radical Biol Med 2008; 44(2): 153-9.
23. Pastva A, Estell K, Schoeb TR, Atkinson TP, Schwiebert LM. Aerobic exercise attenuates airway inflammatory responses in a mouse model of atopic asthma. J Immunol 2004; 172(7): 4520-6.
24. Franssen FM, Broekhuizen R, Janssen PP, Wouters EF, Schols AM. Effects of whole-body exercise training on body composition and functional capacity in normal-weight patients with COPD. Chest J 2004; 125(6): 2021-8.
25. Daigle CC, Chalupa DC, Gibb FR, Morrow PE, Oberdörster G, Utell MJ, et al. Ultrafine particle deposition in humans during rest and exercise. Inhal Toxicol 2003; 15(6): 539-52.
26. Bigazzi AY, Figliozzi MA. Review of urban bicyclists' intake and uptake of traffic-related air pollution. Transport Reviews 2014; 34(2):221-45.
27. Kelly FJ, Fussell JC. Air pollution and airway disease. Clin Exp Allergy 2011; 41(8): 1059-71.
28.  Rosenlund M, Forastiere F, Porta D, De Sario M, Badaloni C, Perucci CA. Traffic-related air pollution in relation to respiratory symptoms, allergic sensitisation and lung function in school children. Thorax 2009; 64(7): 573-80.
29. Ma QY, Huang DY, Zhang HJ, Wang S, Chen XF. Exposure to particulate matter 2.5 (PM2. 5) induced macrophage-dependent inflammation, characterized by increased Th1/Th17 cytokine secretion and cytotoxicity. Int Immunopharmacol 2017; 50: 139-45.
30. Vieira RD, Toledo AC, Silva LB, Almeida FM, Damaceno-Rodrigues NR, Caldini EG, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of aerobic exercise in mice exposed to air pollution. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2012; 44(7):1227-34.
31. Kargarfard M, Poursafa P, Rezanejad S, Mousavinasab F. Effects of exercise in polluted air on the aerobic power, serum lactate level and cell blood count of active individuals. Int J Prev Med 2011; 2: 145.
32. Gleeson M, Bishop NC, Stensel DJ, Lindley MR, Mastana SS, Nimmo MA. The anti-inflammatory effects of exercise: mechanisms and implications for the prevention and treatment of disease. Nature Reviews Immunol 2011; 11(9): 607.
33. Laeremans M, Dons E, Avila-Palencia I, Carrasco-Turigas G, Orjuela-Mendoza JP, Anaya-Boig T, et al. Black Carbon Reduces the Beneficial Effect of Physical Activity on Lung Function. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2018 Apr 9.
34. Lovinsky-Desir S, Jung KH, Rundle AG, Hoepner LA, Bautista JB, Perera FP, et al. Physical activity, black carbon exposure and airway inflammation in an urban adolescent cohort. Environ Res 2016; 151: 756-62.
35. Weichenthal S, Kulka R, Dubeau A, Martin C, Wang D, Dales R. Traffic-related air pollution and acute changes in heart rate variability and respiratory function in urban cyclists. Environ Health Perspect 2011; 119(10):1373.
36. Normando VMF, Mazzoli-Rocha F, Moreira DKM, Barcellos BC, Picanço-Diniz DW, Zin WA. Regular exercise training attenuates pulmonary inflammatory responses to inhaled alumina refinery dust in mice. Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2013; 186 (1): 53-60.
37. Fashi M, Agha-Alinejad H, Mahabadi HA, Rezaei B, Pakrad BB, Rezaei S. The Effects of Aerobic Exercise on NF-κB and TNF-α in Lung Tissue of Male Rat. Novelty Biomedicine 2015; 3(3): 131-4.
38. Xu X, Yavar Z, Verdin M, Ying Z, Mihai G, Kampfrath T, et al. Effect of early particulate air pollution exposure on obesity in mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2010; 30(12): 2518-27.
39. Jerrett M, McConnell R, Wolch J, Chang R, Lam C, Dunton G, et al. Traffic-related air pollution and obesity formation in children: a longitudinal, multilevel analysis. Environ Health 2014; 13(1): 49.
40. Pischon T, Hankinson SE, Hotamisligil GS, Rifai N, Rimm EB. Leisure‐time physical activity and reduced plasma levels of obesity‐related inflammatory markers. Obesity 2003; 11: 1055-64.
41. Ziccardi P, Nappo F, Giugliano G, Esposito K, Marfella R, Cioffi M, et al. Reduction of inflammatory cytokine concentrations and improvement of endothelial functions in obese women after weight loss over one year. Circulation 2002; 105: 804-9.