1. Sifneos PE. The prevalence of ‘alexithymic’characteristics in psychosomatic patients. Psychother Psychosom 1973; 22(2): 255-62.
2. Ho NS, Wong MM, Lee TM. Neural connectivity of alexithymia: Specific association with major depressive disorder. J Affect Disord 2016; 193: 362-72.
3. Grynberg D, Chang B, Corneille O, Maurage P, Vermeulen N, Berthoz S, et al. Alexithymia and the processing of emotional facial expressions (EFEs): systematic review, unanswered questions and further perspectives. PloS One 2012; 7(8): e42429.
4. Richards HL, Fortune DG, Griffiths CE, Main CJ. Alexithymia in patients with psoriasis: clinical correlates and psychometric properties of the Toronto Alexithymia Scale-20. J Psychosomatic Res 2005; 58(1): 89-96.
5. Van der Velde J, Servaas MN, Goerlich KS, Bruggeman R, Horton P, Costafreda SG, et al. Neural correlates of alexithymia: A meta-analysis of emotion processing studies. Neuroscience and Biobehav Reviews 2013; 37(8): 1774–85.
6. Ahadi B. Personality characteristics of alexithymia in nasal symptoms of psychopathology in patients with essential depression. Behav Sci Res 2010; 1: 25-32.
7. Uskul AK, Horn AB. Emotions and Health. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences. 2nd ed. Elsevier; 2015. p. 496-501.
8. Liu AH, Covar RA, Spahn JD, Leung DY. Childhood Asthma. In: Kliegman RM, Behrman RE, Jenson HB, Stanton BF. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2011. p. 780-801.
9. Patadia MO, Murrill LL, Corey J. Asthma: symptoms and presentation. Otolaryngol Clin North Am 2014; 47(1): 23-32.
10. Ciprandi G, Schiavetti I, Rindone E, Ricciardolo FL. The impact of anxiety and depression on outpatients with asthma. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2015; 115(5): 408-14.
11. Lee YC, Lee CT, Lai YR, Chen VC, Stewart R. Association of asthma and anxiety: A nationwide population-based study in Taiwan. J Affect Disord 2016; 189: 98-105.
12. Fernández RP, Díez JD, Álvarez-Perea A, Tapia PM, García RJ, Gómez-Pinán VS. Risk factors for asthma onset between the ages of 12 and 40: results of the FENASMA study. Arch Bronconeumol 2011; 47(9): 433-40.
13. Plaza V, Giner J, Picado C, Sureda B, Serrano J, Casan P, et al. Control of ventilation, breathlessness perception and alexithymia in near-fatal asthma. J Asthma 2006; 43(8): 639-44.
14. Chung MC, Rudd H, Wall N. Posttraumatic stress disorder following asthma attack (post-asthma attack PTSD) and psychiatric co-morbidity: the impact of alexithymia and coping. Psychiatry Res 2012; 197(3): 246-52.
15. Baiardini I, Braido F, Ferraioli G, Menoni S, Bruzzone M, Conte ME, et al. Pitfalls in respiratory allergy management: alexithymia and its impact on patient-reported outcomes. J Asthma 2011; 48(1): 25-32.
16. Alvarez GG, Fitzgerald JM. A systematic review of the psychological risk factors associated with near fatal asthma or fatal asthma. Respiration 2006; 74(2): 228-36.
17. Karukivi M, Hautala L, Kaleva O, Haapasalo-Pesu KM, Liuksila PR, Joukamaa M, et al. Alexithymia is associated with anxiety among adolescents. J Affect Disord 2010; 125(1): 383-7.
18. Marchesi C, Ossola P, Scagnelli F, Mellini L, Tonna M, Ardissino D, et al. The role of alexithymia in predicting incident depression in patients at first acute coronary syndrome. Compr Psychiatry 2015; 62: 86-92.
19. Korostiy V. Alexithymia, Aggressiveness and Predictive Ability in Patients with Psychosomatic Diseases and Emotional (anxiety and Depressive) Disorders. Eur Psychiatry 2015; 30: 1251.
20. Luskin AT, Chipps BE, Rasouliyan L, Miller DP, Haselkorn T, Dorenbaum A. Impact of asthma exacerbations and asthma triggers on asthma-related quality of life in patients with severe or difficult-to-treat asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2014; 2(5): 544-52.
21. Tabachnick BG, Fidell LS, Osterlind SJ. Using multivariate statistics.
22. Bagby RM, Parker JD, Taylor GJ. The twenty-item Toronto Alexithymia Scale—I. Item selection and cross-validation of the factor structure. J Psychosom Res 1994; 38(1): 23-32.
23. Ghorbani N, Bing MN, Watson PJ, Davison HK, Mack DA. Self-reported emotional intelligence: Construct similarity and functional dissimilarity of higher-order processing in Iran and the United States. Int J Psychol 2002; 37(5): 297-308.
24. Besharat MA. Psychometric characteristics of Persian version of the Toronto alexithymia scale-20 in clinical and non-clinical samples. Iran J Med Sci 2015; 33(1): 1-6.
25. Modestin J, Furrer R, Malti T. Study on alexithymia in adult non-patients. J Psychosomatic Res 2004; 56(6): 707-9.
26. Kaviani H, Seyfourian H, Sharifi V, Ebrahimkhani N. Reliability and validity of Anxiety and Depression Hospital Scales (HADS): Iranian patients with anxiety and depression disorders. Tehran Univ Med Sci 2009; 67(5). [in Persian]
27. Mazaheri M, Afshar H. On the relationship between alexithymia and depression and anxiety in psychiatric patients. J Fundamentals Mental Health 2010; 12(2): 466-75.
28. Dubey A, Pandey R, Mishra K. Role of emotion regulation difficulties and positive/negative affectivity in explaining alexithymia-health relationship: An overview. J Soc Sci Res 2010; 7(1): 20-31.
29. Beshart MA. Relation of alexithymia with ego defense styles. J Fundamentals Mental Health 2008; 10(3): 181-90.
30. Parker JD, Taylor GJ, Bagby RM. Alexithymia: relationship with ego defense and coping styles. Compr Psychiatry 1998; 39(2): 91-8.
31. Motan I, Gencoz T. The relationship between the dimensions of alexithymia and the intensity of depression and anxiety. Türk Psikiyatri Derg 2007; 18(4): 333-43.
32. Montazeri A, Vahdaninia M, Ebrahimi M, Jarvandi S. The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS): translation and validation study of the Iranian version. Health Quality Life Outcomes 2003; 1(1): 14.
33. Eizaguirre AE, de Cabezón AO, de Alda IO, Olariaga LJ, Juaniz M. Alexithymia and its relationships with anxiety and depression in eating disorders. Pers Individual Differences 2004; 36(2): 321-31.
34. Tselebis A, Kosmas E, Bratis D, Moussas G, Karkanias A, Ilias I, et al. Prevalence of alexithymia and its association with anxiety and depression in a sample of Greek chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) outpatients. Annals General Psychiatry 2010; 9(1): 16.
35. Wise TN, Jani NN, Kass E, Sonnenschein K, Mann LS. Alexithymia: relationship to severity of medical illness and depression. Psychotherapy Psychosomatics 1988; 50(2): 68-71.
36. Shahgholian M, Moradi A, Kafi SM. Relation of Alexithymia with emotional expression styles and general health in students. Iran J Psychiatry Clin Psychological 2007; 13(3): 238-48.
37. Saarijärvi S, Salminen JK, Toikka T. Temporal stability of alexithymia over a five-year period in outpatients with major depression. Psychotherapy Psychosomatics 2006; 75(2): 107-12.
38. Mazaheri M, Afshar H. The relationship between alexithymia, depression and anxiety in psychiatric patients. J Fund Ment Health 2010; 12(2): 470-9. [in Persian]