1. Umphred DA, Lazaro RT, Roller M, Burton G. Neurological rehabilitation. Elsevier Health Sciences; 2013.
2. Kwakkel G, de Goede CJ, van Wegen EE. Impact of physical therapy for Parkinson's disease: a critical review of the literature. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2007; 13: S478-87.
3. Hass CJ, Waddell DE, Fleming RP, Juncos JL, Gregor RJ. Gait initiation and dynamic balance control in Parkinson’s disease. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2005; 86(11): 2172-6.
4. Ellis T, de Goede CJ, Feldman RG, Wolters EC, Kwakkel G, Wagenaar RC. Efficacy of a physical therapy program in patients with Parkinson’s disease: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Physical Med Rehabil 2005; 86(4): 626-32.
5. Shumway-Cook A, Woollacott MH. Motor control: translating research into clinical practice. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007.
6. Tarsy D. Initial treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Curr Treat Options Neurol 2006; 8(3): 224-35.
7. Hirsch MA, Toole T, Maitland CG, Rider RA. The effects of balance training and high-intensity resistance training on persons with idiopathic Parkinson’s disease. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2003; 84(8): 1109-17.
8. Curtis CL, Bassile CC, Cote LJ, Gentile AM. Effects of exercise on the motor control of individuals with Parkinson's disease: case studies. Neurol Report 2001; 25(1): 2-11.
9. Shumway-Cook A, Silver IF, LeMier M, York S, Cummings P, Koepsell TD. Effectiveness of a community-based multifactorial intervention on falls and fall risk factors in community-living older adults: a randomized, controlled trial. J Gerontol A: Biol Sci Med Sci 2007; 62(12): 1420-7.
10. Morris ME. Movement disorders in people with Parkinson disease: a model for physical therapy. Phys Ther 2000; 80(6): 578-97.
11. Schenkman M, Hall D, Kumar R, Kohrt WM. Endurance exercise training to improve economy of movement of people with Parkinson disease: three case reports. Phys Ther 2008; 88(1): 63-76.
12. Scandalis TA, Bosak A, Berliner JC, Helman LL, Wells MR. Resistance training and gait function in patients with Parkinson's disease. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2001; 80(1): 38-43.
13. Folstein MF, Folstein SE, McHugh PR. “Mini-mental state”: a practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician. J Psychiatr Res 1975; 12(3): 189-98.
14. Brucki SM, Nitrini R, Caramelli P, Bertolucci PH, Okamoto IH. Suggestions for utilization of the mini-mental state examination in Brazil. Arq Neuropsiquiatr 2003; 61(3B): 777-81.
15. de Boer AG, Wijker W, Speelman JD, de Haes JC. Quality of life in patients with Parkinson's disease: development of a questionnaire. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1996; 61(1): 70-4.
16. Hobson P, Holden A, Meara J. Measuring the impact of Parkinson's disease with the Parkinson's Disease Quality of Life questionnaire. Age Ageing 1999; 28(4): 341-6.
17. Ghaem H, Haghighi AB, Zeighami B, Dehghan A. Validity and reliability of the Persian version of the Parkinson disease quality of life (PDQL) questionnaire. J Kerman Univ Med Sci 2010; 17(1): 49-58.
18. Yardley L, Beyer N, Hauer K, Kempen G, Piot-Ziegler C, Todd C. Development and initial validation of the Falls Efficacy Scale-International (FES-I). Age Ageing 2005; 34(6): 614-9.
19. Canada Parkinson Society. Exercises for people with Parkinson. 1965. Available at: http://www.parkinson.ca
20. Vancouver Coastal. Health. Fall and Injury Prevention: Initiative Vancouver CHSFaIP )Preventive fall. Stay On Your Feet. fall preventionvchca ( . Revised June 2012.Available at: http://fallprevention.vch.ca/media.
21. Nadeau A, Pourcher E, Corbeil P. Effects of 24 weeks of treadmill training on gait performance in Parkinson disease. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2014; 46(4): 645-55.
22. Reuter I, Mehnert S, Leone P, Kaps M, Oechsner M, Engelhardt M. Effects of a flexibility and relaxation programme, walking, and nordic walking on Parkinson's disease. J Aging Res 2011; 2011: 232473.
23. Herman T, Giladi N, Gruendlinger L, Hausdorff JM. Six weeks of intensive treadmill training improves gait and quality of life in patients with Parkinson’s disease: a pilot study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2007; 88(9): 1154-8.
24. Allen NE, Canning CG, Sherrington C, Lord SR, Latt MD, Close JC, et al. The effects of an exercise program on fall risk factors in people with Parkinson's disease: a randomized controlled trial. Mov Disord 2010; 25(9): 1217-25.
25. Ashburn A, Stack E, Pickering RM, Ward CD. Predicting fallers in a community-based sample of people with Parkinson’s disease. Gerontology 2001; 47(5): 277-81.
26. Burini D, Farabollini B, Iacucci S, Rimatori C, Riccardi G, Capecci M, et al. A randomised controlled cross-over trial of aerobic training versus Qigong in advanced Parkinson's disease. Eura Medicophys 2006; 42(3): 231-8.
27. Canning CG, Sherrington C, Lord SR, Fung VSC, Close JCT, Latt MD, et al. Exercise therapy for prevention of falls in people with Parkinson's disease: a protocol for a randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation. BMC Neurol 2009; 9(1): 4.
28. Viliani T, Pasquetti P, Magnolfi S, Lunardelli ML, Giorgi C, Serra P, et al. Effects of physical training on straightening-up processes in patients with Parkinson's disease. Disabil Rehabil 1999; 21(2): 68-73.
29. Baatile J, Langbein WE, Weaver F, Maloney C, Jost MB. Effect of exercise on perceived quality of life of individuals with Parkinson's disease. J Rehabil Res Dev 2000; 37(5): 529-34.
30. Rodrigues de Paula F, Teixeira‐Salmela LF, Coelho de Morais Faria CD, Rocha de Brito P, Cardoso F. Impact of an exercise program on physical, emotional, and social aspects of quality of life of individuals with Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord 2006; 21(8): 1073-7.
31. Keus SH, Bloem BR, Hendriks EJ, Bredero‐Cohen AB, Munneke M. Evidence‐based analysis of physical therapy in Parkinson's disease with recommendations for practice and research. Mov Disord 2007; 22(4): 451-60.