1. Carlsson PO, Schwarcz E, Korsgren O, Le Blanc K. Preserved β-Cell Function in Type 1 Diabetes by Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Diabetes 2015; 64(2): 587-92.
2. Bosetti C, Franchi M, Nicotra F, Asciutto R, Merlino L, La Vecchia C, et al. Insulin and other antidiabetic drugs and hepatocellular carcinoma risk: a nested case‐control study based on Italian healthcare utilization databases. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Safety 2015; 24(7): 771-8.
3. Tabatabaei-Malazy O, Atlasi R, Larijani B, Abdollahi M. Trends in publication on evidence-based antioxidative herbal medicines in management of diabetic nephropathy. J Diabetes Metab Disord 2016; 15(1): 1.
4. Parandak K, Arazi H, Khoshkhahesh F, Nakhostin-Roohi B. The Effect of Two-Week L-Carnitine Supplementation on Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress and Muscle Damage. Asian J Sports Med 2014; 5(2): 123.
5. Cruciani RA, Dvorkin E, Homel P, Culliney B, Malamud S, Shaiova L, et al. L-carnitine supplementation for the treatment of fatigue and depressed mood in cancer patients with carnitine deficiency: a preliminary analysis. Ann NY Acad Sci 2004; 1033: 168-76.
6. Kobayashi A, Masumura Y, Yamazaki N. L-Carnitine Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure. Experimental and clinical study. Jpn Circ J 1992; 56(1): 86-94.
7. Sorlin A, Briand G, Cheillan D, Wiedemann A, Montaut-Verient B, Schmitt E, et al. Effect of l-Arginine in One Patient with Peroxisome Biogenesis Disorder due to PEX12 Deficiency. Neuropediatrics 2016; 47(3): 179-81.
8. Cao Y, Feng Y, Zhang Y, Zhu X, Jin F. L-Arginine supplementation inhibits the growth of breast cancer by enhancing innate and adaptive immune responses mediated by suppression of MDSCs in vivo. BMC Cancer 2016; 16(1): 1.
9. Förstermann U, Sessa WC. Nitric oxide synthases: regulation and function. Eur Heart J 2012; 33(7): 829-37.
10. Lidder S, Webb AJ. Vascular effects of dietary nitrate (as found in green leafy vegetables and beetroot) via the nitrate‐nitrite‐nitric oxide pathway. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2013; 75(3): 677-96.
11. Campos AC, Piorino EM, Ferreira FR, Guimarães FS. Increased nitric oxide-mediated neurotransmission in the medial prefrontal cortex is associated with the long lasting anxiogenic-like effect of predator exposure. Behav Brain Res 2013; 256: 391-7.
12. Pimentel AM, Pereira NR, Costa CA, Mann GE, Cordeiro VS, de Moura RS, et al. L-arginine-nitric oxide pathway and oxidative stress in plasma and platelets of patients with pre-eclampsia. Hypertension Res 2013; 36(9): 783-8.
13. Rios EC, de Lima TM, Moretti AI, Soriano FG. The role of nitric oxide in the epigenetic regulation of THP-1 induced by lipopolysaccharide. Life Sci 2016; 147: 110-6.
14. Wu G, Bazer FW, Satterfield MC, Li X, Wang X, Johnson GA, et al. Impacts of arginine nutrition on embryonic and fetal development in mammals. Amino Acids 2013; 45(2): 241-56.
15. Solini A, Rossi C, Duranti E, Taddei S, Natali A, Virdis A. Saxagliptin prevents vascular remodeling and oxidative stress in db/db mice. Role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase uncoupling and cyclooxygenase. Vasc Pharmacol 2016; 76: 62-71.
16. Rahimi R, Nikfar S, Larijani B, Abdollahi M. A review on the role of antioxidants in the management of diabetes and its complications. Biomed Pharmacother 2005; 59(7): 365-73.
17. Chen J, Zeng L, Xia T, Li S, Yan T, Wu S, et al. Toward a biomarker of oxidative stress: a fluorescent probe for exogenous and endogenous malondialdehyde in living cells. Analytical Chemistry 2015; 87(16): 8052-6.
18. Al-Rubiey FK. Effect of L-carnitine and meloxicam treatment on testicular leydig cell numbers of varicocelized rats. Middle East Fertil Soc J 2012; 17(1): 47-53.
19. Petruzzella V, Baggetto LG, Penin F, Cafagna F, Ruggiero FM, Cantatore P, et al. In vivo effect of acetyl-L-carnitine on succinate oxidation, adenine nucleotide pool and lipid composition of synaptic and non-synaptic mitochondria from cerebral hemispheres of senescent rats. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 1992; 14(2): 131-44.
20. Hajinezhad MR, Davari SA, Esmaeel Zadeh S, Miri HR, Akbari M. Protective effect of hydro alcoholic extract from Prosopis farcta leaves on lipid peroxidation of serum and liver tissue in diabetic rats. J North Khorasan Univ Med Sci 2015; 7(2): 267-78. [in Persian]
21. Ashraf H, Heydari R, Nejati V, Ilkhanipoor M. Preventive Effect of Berberis Integerrima on the Serum Levels of Glucose and Lipids in Streptozotocin (STZ)-Induced Diabetes in Rats. JFUMS 2012; 2(3): 148-55. [in Persian]
22. Hajinezhad MR, Shapari A, Hajian Shahri S, Sarani F, Salehimoghadam M. Effect of Hydroalcoholic Extract of Berberis Vulgaris Root on Serum Levels of Glucose, Malondehyde and HbA1c in Diabetic Rats. J Neyshabur Univ Med Sci 2015; 3(3): 21-8. [in Persian]
23. Ohkawa H, Ohishi N, Yagi K. Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction. Anal Biochem 1979; 95(2): 351–8.
24. Hajinezhad M, Esmaeel Zadeh Bahabadi S, Miri H, Davari I, Darvish Sargazi M. Effect of Hydroalcoholic Extract of Prosopis farcta Pod on Liver Histopathology and Malondialdehyde Level in Streptozotocin Diabetic Rats. Horizon Med Sci 2015; 21(1): 31-6. [in Persian]
25. Malone JI, Cuthbertson DD, Malone MA, Schocken DD. Cardio-protective effects of carnitine in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Cardiovasc Diabetol 2006; 5(1): 1.
26. Rahbar AR, Shakerhosseini R, Saadat N, Taleban F, Pordal A, Gollestan B. Effect of L-carnitine on plasma glycemic and lipidemic profile in patients with type II diabetes mellitus. Eur J Clin Nutr 2005; 59(4): 592-6.
27. Mingrone G, Greco AV, Capristo E, Benedetti G, Giancaterini A, Gaetano AD, et al. L-carnitine improves glucose disposal in type 2 diabetic patients. J Am Coll Nutr 1999; 18(1): 77-82.
28. Jablecka A, Bogdanski P, Balcer N, Cieslewicz A, Skoluda A, Musialik K. The effect of oral L-arginine supplementation on fasting glucose, HbA1c, nitric oxide and total antioxidant status in diabetic patients with atherosclerotic peripheral arterial disease of lower extremities. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2012; 16(3): 342-50.
29. Hino K, Nishikawa M, Sato E, Inoue M. L-carnitine inhibits hypoglycemia-induced brain damage in the rat. Brain Res 2005; 1053(1): 77-87.
30. Sharifi A, Ghaderpanahi M, Mazhari S. The effect of L-carnitine on serum nitric oxide level and angiotensin converting enzyme activity in STZ- Induced diabetic and normal rats. Iran J Diabetes Lipid 2007; (3): 225-34.