1. Pillai HS, Ganapathi S. Heart failure in South Asia. Current Cardiol Rev 2013; 9(2): 102-11.
2. Hall M, Owings M. National Hospital Discharge Survey: Advance Data from Vital and Health Statistics, No. 329. Hyattsville (MD): National Center for Health Statistics 2002.
3. Ziaeian B, Fonarow GC. Epidemiology and aetiology of heart failure. Nat Rev Cardiol 2016; 13(6):368-78.
4. Rahnavard Z, Zolfaghari M, Kazemnejad A, Hatamipour K. An investigation of quality of life and factors affecting it in the patients with congestive heart failure. J Hayat 2006; 12(1): 77-86.
5. Liu L, Eisen HJ. Epidemiology of heart failure and scope of the problem. Cardiol Clin 2014; 32(1): 1-8.
6. Cui X, Zhou X, Ma LL, Sun TW, Bishop L, Gardiner FW, Wang L. A nurse-led structured education program improves self-management skills and reduces hospital readmissions in patients with chronic heart failure: a randomized and controlled trial in China. Rural Remote Health 2019; 19(2): 5270.
7. Rubio-Gracia J, Demissei BG, Ter Maaten JM, Cleland JG, O'Connor CM, Metra M, et al. Prevalence, predictors and clinical outcome of residual congestion in acute decompensated heart failure. Int J Cardiol 2018; 258: 185-91.
8. Cajita MI, Cajita TR, Han HR. Health Literacy and Heart Failure: A Systematic Review. J Cardiovasc Nurs 2016; 31(2): 121-30.
9. Barati M, Taheri-Kharameh Z, Farghadani Z, Rásky É. Validity and Reliability Evaluation of the Persian Version of the Heart Failure-Specific Health Literacy Scale. Int J Community Based Nurs Midwifery 2019; 7(3): 222-30.
10. Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Peel J, Baker DW. Health literacy and knowledge of chronic disease. Patient Education Counseling 2003; 51(3): 267-75.
11. Marzangi A, Ghareagaji Asl R, Ahangarzadeh Rezaei S. Health literacy in heart disease community that covered by health services centers in south of west azarbaijan province. J Urmia Nurs Midwifery Fac 2018; 16(1): 45-54.
12. Murray MD, Young J, Hoke S, Tu W, Weiner M, Morrow D, et al. Pharmacist intervention to improve medication adherence in heart failure: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2007; 146(10): 714-25.
13. Mamianloo H, Tol A, Khatibi N, Ahmadi Komoleleh S, Mohebbi B. Assessing the effect of small group intervention program on knowledge and health literacy among patients with heart failure. J Nurs Education 2014; 3(3): 34-41.
14. Chen AM, Yehle KS, Albert NM, Ferraro KF, Mason HL, Murawski MM, et al. Health literacy influences heart failure knowledge attainment but not self-efficacy for self-care or adherence to self-care over time. Nurs Res Practice 2013; 2013.
15. Evangelista LS, Rasmusson KD, Laramee AS, Barr J, Ammon SE, Dunbar S, et al. Health literacy and the patient with heart failure—implications for patient care and research: a consensus statement of the Heart Failure Society of America. J Cardiac Failure 2010; 16(1): 9-16.
16. Fatemi N, Rafii F, Hajizadeh E, Modanloo M. Psychometric properties of the adherence questionnaire in patients with chronic disease: a mix method study. Koomesh 2018; 20(2).
17. Farghadani Z, Taheri-Kharameh Z, Amiri-Mehra A, Ghajari H, Barati M. The relationship between health literacy and self-care behaviors among patients with heart failure. J Hayat 2018; 24(2): 186-96.
18. Nutbeam D. Defining and measuring health literacy: what can we learn from literacy studies? Int J Public Health 2009; 54(5): 303-5.
19. Rafii F, Shahpoorian F, Naasher Z, Azarbaad M, Hoseini F. Perspectives of patients and nurses on the reality of learning cardiac heart failure educational content. J Hayat 2009; 14(4): 41-55.
20. Ostwald SK, Godwin KM, Cron SG, Kelley CP, Hersch G, Davis S. Home-based psychoeducational and mailed information programs for stroke-caregiving dyads post-discharge: a randomized trial. Disabil Rehabil 2014; 36(1): 55-62.
21. Dinh TTH, Bonner A, Clark R, Ramsbotham J, Hines S. The effectiveness of the teach-back method on adherence and self-management in health education for people with chronic disease: a systematic review. JBI Evidence Synthesis 2016; 14(1): 210-47.
22. Vollmer WM, Owen-Smith AA, Tom JO, Laws R, Ditmer DG, Smith DH, et al. Improving adherence to cardiovascular disease medications with information technology. Am J Manag Care 2014; 20(17): SP502.
23. Jeffery RA, To MJ, Hayduk-Costa G, Cameron A, Taylor C, Van Zoost C, et al. Interventions to improve adherence to cardiovascular disease guidelines: a systematic review. BMC Family Practice 2015; 16(1): 1-15.
24. Barnason S, Zimmerman L, Hertzog M, Schulz P. Pilot testing of a medication self-management transition intervention for heart failure patients. Western J Nurs Res 2010; 32(7): 849-70.
25. Peters-Klimm F, Campbell S, Hermann K, Kunz CU, Müller-Tasch T, Szecsenyi J. Case management for patients with chronic systolic heart failure in primary care: the HICMan exploratory randomised controlled trial. Trials 2010; 11(1): 1-14.
26. Mangolian SP, Shahnazari J, Mahmoodi M, Farokhzadian J. The effect of an educational self-care program on knowledge and performance in patients with heart failure. Procedia-Social Behav Sci 2012; 31: 918-22.
27. Batross DJ. Correlation of Health Related Quality of Life and Health Literacy Levels in Patients with Heart Failure. (Doctoral dissertation, Otterbein University). 2016.
28. Dennison CR, McEntee ML, Samuel L, Johnson BJ, Rotman S, Kielty A, et al. Adequate health literacy is associated with higher heart failure knowledge and self-care confidence in hospitalized patients. J Cardiovasc Nurs 2011; 26(5): 359.
29. Falahi M, Miri M. The Effects of E-Learning Based on the Dimensions of Health Literacy in Patients with Ischemic Heart Disease. Nurs Dev Health 2017; 8(1): 29-36.