1. World Health Organization. The world health report 2000-Health systems: Improving performance. Available at: http://www.who.int/whr/2000/en. Accessed May 20, 2019
2. Carrin G, James C. Key performance indicators for the implementation of social health insurance. Appl Health Economics Health Policy 2005; 4: 15–22.
3. Kutzin J. A descriptive framework for country-level analysis of health care financing arrangements. Health Policy 2001; 56: 171–204.
4. Evans DB, Etienne C. Health systems financing and the path to universal coverage. Bull World Health Organ 2010; 88(6): 402.
5. Mathauer I, Carrin G. OASIS user manual. A tool for health financing review–performance assessment – options for improvement. WHO Department of Health Systems Financing, Geneva: 2010; 44-79.
6. Doshmangir L, Azimzadeh S. A comparative study of health financing frameworks. J Health System Res 2018; 14(2): 142-52. [in Persian]
7. Daniels N, Bryant J, Castano RA, Dantes OG, Khan KS, Pannarunothai S. Benchmarks of fairness for health care reform: a policy tool for developing countries. Bull World Health Organ 2000; 78(6): 740-750.
8. Alamdari S, Alamdari A. I.R. Iran National health system strategic architecturing based on national vision 1404: a proposed model. Public Policy 2015; 1(1): 21-42.
9. Roberts MJ, Hsiao W, Berman P, Reich MR. Getting health reform right: a guide to improving performance and equity. New York: Oxford University Press; 2008.
10. Daniels N, Flores W, Pannarunothai S, Ndumbe PN, Bryant JH, Ngulube TJ, et al. An evidence-based approach to benchmarking the fairness of health-sector reform in developing countries. Bull World Health Organ 2005; 83(7): 534-40.
11. WHO. Monitoring the building blocks of health systems: a handbook of indicators and their measurement strategies. Geneva: WHO Press; 2010: 72-4.
12. Payne AM, Schaefer L. Human rights measurement framework: long-list of indicators and measures. EHRC/SHRC specialist consultation on selection of indicators. 2010; 8-37.
13. USAID. Health financing indicators. Health finance and governance expanding access, improving health 2010. Available at: https://www.hfgproject.org/health-financing-indicators.
14. The Statistic Management and Information Technology of Iran’s Ministry of Health. National Health Indicators. 2nd ed. Tehran: Ministry of Health. 2009. [in Persian]
15. The Social Deputy of Iran’s Ministry of Health. Health equity indicators. Tehran: Ministry of Health. 2016. [in Persian]
16. WHO. Toolkit on monitoring health systems strengthening; 2008. Available at: https://www.who.int/healthinfo/ statistics/toolkit.
17. Mills A. Reflections on the development of health economics in low- and middle-income countries. Proc Biol Sci 2014; 281(1789): 20140451.
18. Pedrana L, Pamponet M, Walker R, Costa F, Rasella D. Scoping review: national monitoring frameworks for social determinants of health and health equity. Glob Health Action 2016; 9: 28831.
19. Perić N, Hofmarcher M, Simon J. Headline indicators for monitoring the performance of health systems: findings from the European Health Systems_ Indicator (euHS_I) survey. Arch Public Health 2018; 76: 32.
20. Bahrami MA, Vatankhah S, Tabibi SJ, Tourani S. Designing a health system performance assessment model for Iran. Health Information Management 2011; 8(3): 285-305. [in Persian]
21. Barroy H, Vaughan K, Tapsoba Y, Dale E, Van de M, N, et al. Towards universal health coverage: thinking public: overview of trends in public expenditure on health (2000-2014). Geneva: World Health Organization; 2017. https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/255782
22. Central Bank of Iran website. Price index of goods and services in urban areas of Iran; 2017. Available at: https://www.cbi.ir/default.aspx.
23. Harding AJ, Pritchard C. UK and Twenty Comparable Countries GDP-Expenditure-On-Health 1980-2013: The Historic and Continued Low Priority of UK Health-Related Expenditure. Int J Health Policy Manage 2016; 5(9): 519-523.
24. Wang F, Wang JD, Huang YX. Health expenditures spent for prevention, economic performance, and social welfare. Health Econ Rev 2016; 6: 45.
25. Akca N, Sonmez S, Yilmaz A. Determinants of health expenditure in OECD countries: A decision tree model. Pak J Med Sci 2017; 33(6): 1490-94.
26. The World Bank. Global Health Expenditure Database; 2017. Available at: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/ SH.XPD.CHEX.GD.ZS.
27. Yousefi M, Akbari Sari A, Arab M, Oliaeemanesh A. Methods of resource allocation based on needs in health systems, and exploring the current Iranian resource allocation System. Hakim Health Systems Res J 1380; 13(2): 80-90. [in Persian]
28. Doshmangir L, Azimzadeh S. A comparative study of health financing frameworks. J Health System Res 2018; 14(2): 142-52. [in Persian]
29. Anselmi L, Lagarde M, Hanson K. Equity in the allocation of public sector financial resources in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic literature review. Health Policy Planning 2015; 30: 528–45.
30. Kephart G, Asada Y. Need-based resource allocation: different need indicators, different results? BMC Health Services Res 2009; 9: 122.
31. Rezapoor A, Ebadifard Azar F, Abbasi broujeni P. Situation of resource allocation in Iranian’s health system. J Hospital 1391; 11(4): 53-64. [in Persian]
32. Aryeetey GC, Westeneng J, Spaan E, Jehu-Appiah C, Agyepong IA, Baltussen R. Can health insurance protect against out of pocket and catastrophic expenditures and also support poverty reduction? Evidence from Ghana’s National Health Insurance Scheme. Int J Equity Health 2016; 15: 116.
33. Awoke MA, Neginc J, Mollera J, Farellc P, Yawsond AE, Biritwumd RB, et al. Predictors of public and private healthcare utilization and associated health system responsiveness among older adults in Ghana. Global Health Action 2017; 10: 1301723.
34. Liu X, Wong H, Liu K. Outcome-based health equity across different social health insurance schemes for the elderly in China. BMC Health Serv Res 2016; 16:9.
35. Faramnuayphol P. Pannarunothai S. The Benchmarks of fairness for health system Reform: a Tool for national and provincial health development in Thailand (Phase II). Thailand: Center for health equity monitoring, Faculty of Medicine Narasuan University; 2006.