1. Azizi MH, Bahadori M, Azizi F. History of cancer in Iran. Arch Iran Med 2013; 16(10): 613-22.
2. Ban KA, Godellas CV. Epidemiology of breast cancer. Surg Oncol Clin N Am 2014; 23(3): 409-22.
3. Harbeck N, Penault-Llorca F, Cortes J, Gnant M, Houssami N, Poortmans P, et al. Breast cancer. Nat Rev Dis Primers 2019; 5(1): 66-96.
4. Waks AG, Winer EP. Breast cancer treatment: a review. Jama 2019; 321(3): 288-300.
5. Cetin I, Topcul M. Triple negative breast cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2014; 15(6): 2427-31.
6. Chavez KJ, Garimella SV, Lipkowitz S. Triple negative breast cancer cell lines: one tool in the search for better treatment of triple negative breast cancer. Breast Dis 2010; 32(1-2): 1-17.
7. Bozzuto G, Ruggieri P, Molinari A. Molecular aspects of tumor cell migration and invasion. Ann Ist Super Sanita 2010; 46: 66-80.
8. Duffy MJ, Maguire TM, Hill A, McDermott E, O'Higgins N. Metalloproteinases: role in breast carcinogenesis, invasion and metastasis. Breast Cancer Res 2000; 2(4): 252-8.
9. Pardo A, Selman M. MMP-1: the elder of the family. Int J Biochem Cell B 2005; 37(2):283-8.
10. Farooqui M, Bohrer LR, Brady NJ, Chuntova P, Kemp SE, Wardwell CT, et al. Epiregulin contributes to breast tumorigenesis through regulating matrix metalloproteinase 1 and promoting cell survival. Mol Cancer 2015; 14(1): 138-51.
11. Shen CJ, Kuo YL, Chen CC, Chen MJ, Cheng YM. MMP1 expression is activated by Slug and enhances multi-drug resistance (MDR) in breast cancer. PloS one 2017; 12(3): 1-13.
12. Liu H, Kato Y, Erzinger SA, Kiriakova GM, Qian Y, Palmieri D, et al. The role of MMP-1 in breast cancer growth and metastasis to the brain in a xenograft model. BMC cancer 2012; 12(1): 583-95.
13. Ehsanian R, Van Waes C, Feller SM. Beyond DNA binding-a review of the potential mechanisms mediating quinacrine's therapeutic activities in parasitic infections, inflammation, and cancers. J Cell Commun Signal 2011; 9(13): 1-18.
14. Gurova KV, Hill JE, Guo C, Prokvolit A, Burdelya LG, Samoylova E, et al. Small molecules that reactivate p53 in renal cell carcinoma reveal a NF-κB-dependent mechanism of p53 suppression in tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2005; 102(48): 17448-53.
15. Jani TS, DeVecchio J, Mazumdar T, Agyeman A, Houghton JA. Inhibition of NF-κB signaling by quinacrine is cytotoxic to human colon carcinoma cell lines and is synergistic in combination with tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) or oxaliplatin. J Biol Chem 2010; 285(25): 19162-72.
16. Wang Y, Bi Q, Dong L, Li X, Ge X, Zhang X, et al. Quinacrine enhances cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity in four cancer cell lines. Chemotherapy 2010; 56(2): 127-34.
17. Preet R, Mohapatra P, Mohanty S, Sahu SK, Choudhuri T, Wyatt MD, et al. Quinacrine has anticancer activity in breast cancer cells through inhibition of topoisomerase activity. Int J Cancer 2012; 130(7): 1660-70.
18. Pfaffl MW. A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT–PCR. Nucleic Acids Res 2001; 29(9): 1-6.
19. Angelucci C, Maulucci G, Colabianchi A, Iacopino F, D'Alessio A, Maiorana A, et al. Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 and paracrine diffusible signals have a major role in the promotion of breast cancer cell migration induced by cancer-associated fibroblasts. Br J Cancer 2015; 112(10): 1675-86.
20. Comşa Şe, Cimpean AM, Raica M. The story of MCF-7 breast cancer cell line: 40 years of experience in research. Anticancer Res 2015; 35(6): 3147-54.
21. Lee AV, Oesterreich S, Davidson NE. MCF-7 cells-Changing the course of breast cancer research and care for 45 years. J Natl Cancer Inst 2015; 107(7): 1-4.
22. Gallant J-N, Allen JE, Smith CD, Dicker DT, Wang W, Dolloff NG, et al. Quinacrine synergizes with 5-fluorouracil and other therapies in colorectal cancer. Cancer Biol Ther 2011; 12(3): 239-51.
23. Satapathy SR, Siddharth S, Das D, Nayak A, Kundu CN. Enhancement of cytotoxicity and inhibition of angiogenesis in oral cancer stem cells by a hybrid nanoparticle of bioactive quinacrine and silver: implication of base excision repair cascade. Mol Pharm 2015; 12(11): 4011-25.
24. Vandooren J, Van den Steen PE, Opdenakker G. Biochemistry and molecular biology of gelatinase B or matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9): the next decade. Crit Rev Biochem Mol 2013; 48(3): 222-72.
25. Fanjul-Fernández M, Folgueras AR, Cabrera S, López-Otín C. Matrix metalloproteinases: evolution, gene regulation and functional analysis in mouse models. BBA - Mol Cell Res 2010; 1803(1): 3-19.
26. Cheng S, Tada M, Hida Y, Asano T, Kuramae T, Takemoto N, et al. High MMP-1 mRNA expression is a risk factor for disease-free and overall survivals in patients with invasive breast carcinoma. J Surg Res 2008; 146(1): 104-9.
27. Rattanasinchai C, Llewellyn B, Conrad SE, Gallo KA. Mixed-Lineage Kinase 3 signals through the FRA1-MMP1 axis to drive triple-negative breast cancer invasion and transendothelial migration. Cancer Res 2017; 77(13 Suppl): 2374-5.
28. Teronen O, Konttinen YT, Lindqvist C, Salo T, Ingman T, Lauhio A, et al. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-1 by dichloromethylene bisphosphonate (clodronate). Calcified Tissue Int 1997; 61(1): 59-61.
29. Liu Q, Loo WTY, Sze SCW, Tong Y. Curcumin inhibits cell proliferation of MDA-MB-231 and BT-483 breast cancer cells mediated by down-regulation of NF-κB, cyclinD and MMP-1 transcription. Phytomedicine 2009; 16(10): 916-22.
30. Subbarayan PR, Sarkar M, Impellizzeri S, Raymo F, Lokeshwar BL, Kumar P, et al. Anti-proliferative and anti-cancer properties of Achyranthes aspera: specific inhibitory activity against pancreatic cancer cells. J Ethnopharmacol 2010; 131(1): 78-82.
31. Noratto G, Porter W, Byrne D, Cisneros-Zevallos L. Polyphenolics from peach (Prunus persica var. Rich Lady) inhibit tumor growth and metastasis of MDA-MB-435 breast cancer cells in vivo. J Nutr Biochem 2014; 25(7): 796-800.
32. Kunte M, Desai K. The protein extract of chlorella minutissima inhibits the expression of MMP-1, MMP-2 and MMP-9 in cancer cells through upregulation of TIMP-3 and down regulation of c-Jun. Cell J (Yakhteh) 2018; 20(2): 211-9.
33. Ryu JY, Na EJ. MMP expression alteration and MMP-1 production control by syringic acid via AP-1 mechanism. Biomedical Dermatol 2018; 2(1): 15-24.
34. Zhao P, Alam M, Lee SH. Protection of UVB-induced photoaging by Fuzhuan-Brick tea aqueous extract via MAPKs/Nrf2-mediated down-regulation of MMP-1. Nutrients 2019; 11(1): 60-75.
35. Liu SC, Tsai C-H, Wu TY, Tsai CH, Tsai FJ, Chung JG, et al. Soya-cerebroside reduces IL-1β-induced MMP-1 production in chondrocytes and inhibits cartilage degradation: implications for the treatment of osteoarthritis. Food Agr Immunol 2019; 30(1): 620-32.