1. Bobes J, González MP, Bascarán MT, Arango C, Sáiz PA, Bousoño M. Quality of life and disability in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Eur Psychiatry 2001; 16(4): 239-45.
2. Merikangas KR. Anxiety disorders: Epidemiology. In: Sadock BJ ,editor. Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry. Philadelphia: Lippincottt William & Wilkins; 2005. p. 1720- 7.
3. Kessler RC, Chiu WT, Demler O, Walters EE. Prevalence, Severity, and Comorbidity of Twelve-month DSM-IV Disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R). Arch Gen Psychiatry 2005; 62(6): 617-27.
4. American Psychiatric Association. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2013. p. 5–25.
5. Sadock BJ, Sadock VA. Kaplan & Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry. 9th ed. Lippincott Williams &. Wilkins, 2007. Translation by Farzin Rezai (1393), Tehran: Arajmand Publication.
6. Rachman S. Fear of contamination. Behav Res Ther 2004; 42(11): 1227-55.
7. Dadfar M, Bolhari J, Dadfar K, Bayanzadeh SA. Prevalence of the obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms. Iran J Psychiatry Clin Psychol 2001; 7(1-2): 27-33.
8. Salehi M, Salarifar M, Hadiyan M. Frequency of Patterns of Obsessive – Compulsive Symptoms. Ad Cognitive Sci 2004; 6(1-2): 87-94.
9. Albert U, Maina G, Bogetto F, Chiarle A, Mataix-Cols D. Clinical predictors of health-related quality of life in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Compr Psychiatry 2010; 51(2): 193-200.
10. Woody SR, Tolin DF. The relationship between disgust sensitivity and avoidant behavior: Studies of clinical and nonclinical samples. J Anxiety Disord 2002; 16(5): 543-59.
11. Olatunji BO, Lohr JM, Sawchuk CN, Tolin DF. Multimodal assessment of disgust in contamination-related obsessive-compulsive disorder. Behav Res Ther 2007; 45(2): 263-76.
12. Olatunji BO, Cisler J, McKay D, Phillips ML. Is disgust associated with psychopathology? Emerging research in the anxiety disorders. Psychiatry Res 2010; 175(1): 1-10.
13. Olatunji BO, Ebesutani C, David B, Fan Q, McGrath PB. Disgust proneness and obsessive–compulsive symptoms in a clinical sample: Structural differentiation from negative affect. J Anxiety Disord 2011; 25(7): 932-8.
14. Taboas W, Ojserkis R, McKay D. Change in disgust reactions following cognitive-behavioral therapy for childhood anxiety disorders. Int J Clin Health Psychol 2015; 15(1): 1-7.
15. Duncko R, Veale D. Changes in disgust and heart rate during exposure for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A case series. J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 2016; 51: 92-9.
16. Olatunji BO, Sawchuk CN. Disgust: Characteristic Features, Social Manifestations, and Clinical Implications. Soic Clin Psychol 2005; 24(7): 932-62.
17. Smits JA, Telch MJ, Randall PK. An examination of the decline in fear and disgust during exposure-based treatment. Behav Res The 2002; 40(11): 1243-53.
18. van Overveld WJ, de Jong PD, Peters ML, Cavanagh K, Davey GCL. Disgust propensity and disgust sensitivity: Separate constructs that are differentially related to specific fears. Pers Individ Dif 2006; 41(7): 1241-52.
19. Olatunji BO, Tart CD, Ciesielski BG, McGrath PB, Smits JA. Specificity of disgust vulnerability in the distinction and treatment of OCD. J Psychiatr Res 2011; 45(9): 1236-42.
20. Broderick J. Disgust and contamination fear based obsessive-compulsive disorder: an investigation [Psychology]: New South Wales; 2012.
21. Goetz AR, Lee HJ, Cougle JR, Turkel JE. Disgust propensity and sensitivity: Differential relationships with obsessive-compulsive symptoms and behavioral approach task performance. J Obsessive Compuls Relat Disord 2013; 2(4): 412-9.
22. Cisler JM, Olatunji BO, Lohr JM. Disgust, fear, and the anxiety disorders: A critical review. Clin Psychol Rev 2009; 29(1): 34-46.
23. Mancini F, Gragnani A, D'Olimpio F. The connection between disgust and obsessions and compulsions in a non-clinical sample. Pers Individ Dif 2001; 31(7): 1173-80.
24. Olatunji BO, McKay D. Disgust and Its Disorders: Theory, Assessment, and Treatment Implications. Washangton: American Psychological Association; 2009.
25. Deacon B, Olatunji BO. Specificity of disgust sensitivity in the prediction of behavioral avoidance in contamination fear. Behav Res The 2007; 45(9): 2110-20.
26. Sanavio E. Obsessions and compulsions: the Padua Inventory. Behav Res Ther 1988; 26(2): 169-77.
27. Olatunji BO, Lohr JM, Smits JAJ, Sawchuk CN, Patten K. Evaluative conditioning of fear and disgust in blood-injection-injury phobia: Specificity and impact of individual differences in disgust sensitivity. J Anxiety Disord 2009; 23(2): 153-9.
28. Goodarzi MA, Firoozabadi A. Reliability and validity of the Padua Inventory in an Iranian population. Behav Res The 2005; 43(1): 43-54.
29. Olatunji BO, Ebesutani C, Haidt J, Sawchuk CN. Specificity of Disgust Domains in the Prediction of Contamination Anxiety and Avoidance: A Multimodal Examination. Behav Ther 2014; 45(4): 469-81.
30. Zanjani Z, Yaghubi H, Shaiiri M, Fata L, Gholami fesharaki M. Factor structure and psychometric properties of disgust propensity and sensitivity scale in Iranian sample. J Clin Psychol Personality. In press.
31. Curtis V, Aunger R, Rabie T. Evidence that disgust evolved to protect from risk of disease. Proc Biol Sci 2004; 271(Suppl 4): S131–3.
32. Oaten M, Stevenson RJ, and Case TI. Disgust as a disease-avoidance mechanism. Psychol Bull 2009; 135(2): 3030-21.
33. Olatunji BO, Sawchuk CN, Lohr, JM, de Jong PJ. Disgust domains in the prediction of contamination fear. Behav Res The 2004; 42(1): 93-104.
34. Tsao SD, McKay D. Behavioral avoidance tests and disgust in contamination fears: distinctions from trait anxiety. Behav Res The 2004; 42(2): 207-16.
35. Cougle JR, Wolitzky-Taylor KB, Lee HJ, Telch MJ. Mechanisms of change in ERP treatment of compulsive hand washing: Does primary threat make a difference? Behav Res Ther 2007; 45(7): 1449-59.
36. Zanjani Z, Yaghubi H, Fata L, Shaiiri M, Gholami Fesharaki M. The Mediating Role of Fear of Contagion in Explaining the Relationship Between Disgust Propensity and Fear of Contamination. Iran J Psychiatry Clin Psycho 2018; 23(4): 454-65. [in Persian]
37. Gross JJ. Antecedent-and response-focused emotion regulation: Divergent consequences for ex-perience, expression, and physiology. J Pers Soc Psychol 1998; 74(1): 224-37.
38. Barlow DH, Ellard KK, Fairholme CP, Farchione TJ, Boisseau CL, Allen LB, et al. The unified protocol for transdiagnostic treatment of emotional disorders: Client workbook. New York: Oxford University Press; 2011.
39. Stern MR, Nota JA, Heimberg RG, Holaway RM, Coles ME. An initial examination of emotion regulation and obsessive compulsive symptoms. J Obsessive Compuls Relat Disord 2014; 3(2): 109-14.