1. Jacobs GD, Sayer IA. Road accidents in developing countries. Accident Analysis Prevention 1983; 15(5): 337-53.
2. Naghavi M. Death features in 23 Provinces of Iran. Tehran: Ministry of Health and Medical Education; 2005. 12.
3. Peden MM .World report on child injury prevention: World Health Organization. 2008. Available at: http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/child/injury/world_report/en/
4. Peden M, Sminkey L. World Health Organization dedicates World Health Day to road safety. Inj Prev 2004; 10(2): 67.
5. Iran, S.C.o. Iran Statistical Yearbook. Tehran, Iran: Statistical Centre of Iran; 2012.
6. Ramli R, Oxley J, Noor FM, Abdullah NK, Mahmood MS, Tajuddin AK, McClure R. Fatal injuries among motorcyclists in Klang Valley, Malaysia. J Forensic Leg Med 2014; 26: 39-45.
7. Christoffel T, Gallagher SS. Injury prevention and public health: practical knowledge, skills, and strategies. 2nd ed. Jones & Bartlett Learning. 2006.
8. Choudhry RM, Fang D, Mohamed S. The nature of safety culture: A survey of the state-of-the-art. Safety Sci 2007; 45(10): 993-1012.
9. Ciarrochi J, Deane FP, Anderson S. Emotional intelligence moderates the relationship between stress and mental health. Pers Individ Dif 2002; 32(2): 197-209.
10. Clapp JD, Olsen SA, Danoff-Burg S, Hagewood JH, Hickling EJ, Hwang VS, et al. Factors contributing to anxious driving behavior: The role of stress history and accident severity. J Anxiety Disord 2011; 25(4): 592-8.
11. Cui LJ, Yi XF, Chen XG. Traffic accidents associated with emotional stress after divorce. Fa yi Xue Za Zhi 2009; 25(2): 138-40.
12. Diener ED, Emmons RA, Larsen RJ, Griffin S. The satisfaction with life scale. J Pers Assess 1985; 49(1): 71-5.
13. Elander J, West R, French D. Behavioral correlates of individual differences in road-traffic crash risk: An examination of methods and findings. Psychol Bull 1993; 113(2): 279.
14. Extremera NP. Fernández-Berrocal P, Emotional intelligence as predictor of mental, social, and physical health in university students. Spanish J Psychol 2006; 9(01): 45-51.
15. Fatahzadeh, K., Study of relationship between emotional intelligence and critical thinking in high school students [Dissertation]. School of Psychiatry and Social Sciences, Islamic Azad University, 2006.
16. Fernandez-Berrocal P, Extremera N. About emotional intelligence and moral decisions. Behav Brain Sci 2005; 28(4): 548.
17. Forsyth E, Maycock G, Sexton B, Cohort study of learner and novice drivers: Part 3, accidents, offences and driving experience in the first three years of driving. TRL Project Report PR; 1995. 111.
18. Freudenthaler HH, Neubauer AC, Gabler P, Scherl WG, Rindermann H. Testing and validating the trait emotional intelligence questionnaire (TEIQue) in a German-speaking sample. Pers Individ Dif 2008; 45(7): 673-8.
19. Gohm CL, Clore GL. Four latent traits of emotional experience and their involvement in well-being, coping, and attributional style. Cognition Emotion 2002; 16(4): 495-518.
20. Goleman D. Emotional Intelligence. Why It Can Matter More than IQ. Learning 1996; 24(6): 49-50.
21. Gulian E, Glendon AI, Matthews G, Davies DR, Debney LM. The stress of driving: A diary study. Work Stress 1990; 4(1): 7-16.
22. Oltedal S, Rundmo T. The effects of personality and gender on risky driving behaviour and accident involvement. Safety Sci 2006; 44(7): 621-8.
23. Shafiei TM, Khodapanahi MK, Sedghpour S. An investigation of the relation between emotional intelligence and five factors of personality in students. J Behav Sci 2008; 2(2): 173-82.
24. Bar-On R, Brown JM, Kirkcaldy BD, Thome EP. Emotional expression and implications for occupational stress; an application of the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i). Pers Individ Dif 2000; 28(6): 1107-18.
25. Samoui R. Normalization of baron emotional quotient questionnaire. Tehran: Sina psychological institute publication; 2004. p. 113.
26. Zavareghi R. Study of relationship between emotional intelligence and cognition in pre university girls and boys students [Dissertation]. School of Psychiatry and Social Sciences, Islamic Azad University. 2006.
27. Golparvar M, Aghai A, K. F, Relationship emotional intelligence and its components with job achievement in workers of factory and industries. Knowledge Res Psychol J 2004; 25: 75-106.
28. Elfituri AA, Elmahaishi MS, MacDonald TH. Role of health education programmes within the Libyan community. East Mediterr Health J 1999; 5(2):268-76.
29. Maibach E, Flora JA, Nass C. Changes in self-efficacy and health behavior in response to a minimal contact community health campaign. Health Communication 1991; 3(1): 1-15.
30. Arnau-Sabatés L, Sala-Roca J, Jariot-Garcia M. Emotional abilities as predictors of risky driving behavior among a cohort of middle aged drivers. Accid Anal Prev 2012; 45: 818-25.
31. Petrides KV, Frederickson N, Furnham A. The role of trait emotional intelligence in academic performance and deviant behavior at school. Pers Individ Dif 2004; 36(2): 277-93.
32. Hunt N, Evans D. Predicting traumatic stress using emotional intelligence. Behav Res Therapy 2004; 42(7): 791-8.
33. Mayer JD, Caruso DR, Salovey P. Emotional intelligence meets traditional standards for an intelligence. Intelligence 1999; 27(4): 267-98.
34. Haghdoost AA, Baneshi MR, Zare M. Frequency and Probable Causes of Road Accidents Related to the Staff and Faculties of Medical Sciences in Kerman University during 2012-2013. J Rafsanjan Univ Med Sci 2014; 13(5): 445-56. [in Persian]
35. Mohammadzadeh A and H. A, Review and identification of potential risk based on the behavior of drivers, traffic accidents and crime. Transportation Res J 2012; 9(3): 313-26.
36. Shinar D, Schechtman E, Compton R. Self-reports of safe driving behaviors in relationship to sex, age, education and income in the US adult driving population. Accid Anal Prev 2001; 33(1): 111-6.
37. Lagarde E, Chastang JF, Gueguen A, Coeuret-Pellicer M, Chiron M, Lafont S. Emotional stress and traffic accidents: the impact of separation and divorce. Epidemiology 2004; 15(6): 762-6.
38. Petrides KV, Furnham A. Trait emotional intelligence: Behavioural validation in two studies of emotion recognition and reactivity to mood induction. Eur J Pers 2003; 17(1): 39-57.