1. Zhou X, Xu J, Shi Y, Ye JM. Discovery of Novel Anti-Diabetic Drugs by Targeting Lipid Metabolism. Curr Drug Targets 2015; 16(12): 1372-80.
2. Aslantürk OS, Çelik TA. Antioxidant, cytotoxic and apoptotic activities of extracts from medicinal plant Euphorbia platyphyllos L. J Med Plants Res 2013; 7(19): 1293-304.
3. Perez-Carreon J, Cruz-Jiménez G, Licea-Vega J, Popoca EA, Fazenda SF, Villa-Treviño S. Genotoxic and anti-genotoxic properties of Calendula officinalis extracts in rat liver cell cultures treated with diethylnitrosamine. Toxicol in Vitro 2002; 16(3): 253-8.
4. Bree AJ, Puente EC, Daphna-Iken D, Fisher SJ. Diabetes increases brain damage caused by severe hypoglycemia. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2009; 297(1): 194–201.
5. Zhao MH, Jiang ZT, Liu T, Li R. Flavonoids in Juglans regia L. leaves and evaluation of in vitro antioxidant activity via intracellular and chemical methods. Scientific World J 2014; 2014: 303878.
6. Maurya AK, Tripathi S, Ahmed Z, Sahu RK. Antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic effect of Euphorbia hirta in Streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. Scholars Res Library 2012; 4(2): 703-7.
7. Kumar S, Malhotra R, Kumar D. Antidiabetic and Free Radicals Scavenging Potential of Euphorbia hirta flower extract. Indian J Pharm Sci 2010; 72(4): 533–7.
8. Ceretta LB, Reus GZ, Abelaira HM, Ribeiro KF, Zappellini G, Felisbino FF, et al. Increased oxidative stress and imbalance in antioxidant enzymes in the brains of alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Exp Diabetes Res 2012; 2012: 302682.
9. Iwata N, Okasaki M, Kamiuchi S, Hibino Y. Protective effects of oral administration of ascorbic acid against oxidative stress and neuronal damage after cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in diabetic rats. J Health Sci 2010; 56(1): 20-30.
10. Hfaiedh N, Mbarki S, Alimi H, Claude Murat J, Elfeki A. Diabetes-Induced Damages in Rat Kidney and Brain and Protective Effects of Natural Antioxidants. Food Nutr Sci 2013; 4(4): 436-44.
11. Somi MH, Hajipour B, Asl NA, Estakhri R, Azar AN, Zade MN, et al. Pioglitazone attenuates ischemia/reperfusion-induced liver injury in rats. Transplant Proc 2009; 41(10): 4105-9.
12. Kurcer Z, Oguz E, Ozbilge H, Baba F, Aksoy N, Celik H, et al. Melatonin protects from Ischemia/reperfusion-induced renal injury in rats: this effect is not mediated by proinflammatory cytokines. J Pineal Res 2007; 43(2): 172-8.
13. Madani H, Rahimi P, Mahzouni P. Effect of hydroalcoholic exteract of Juglans regia leaves activity of AST and ALT enzymes in alloxan–induced diabetic rats. Pharm Sci 2009; 15(2): 213- 8.
14. Jelodar G, Maleki M, Sirus S. Effect of Walnut leaf Coriander and pomegranate on blood glucose and histhology of pancreas of alloxan induced diabetic rats. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med 2007; 4(3): 299-305.
15. Divband Kh, Komeili G, Saeidi-Neek F. Effects of Walnut leaves aqueous extract on blood sugar and serum lipids in diabetic rats. J Birjand Univ Med Sci 2010; 17(1): 11-8. [in Persian]
16. Teimoori M, Montaser Kouhsari Sh, Ghafarzadegan R, Hajiaghaee R. Anti-diabetic effects of juglans regia leaves methanolic extract on alloxan-induced male wisrar rats. J Med Plants 2010; 2(34): 142-9.
17. Rahimi R, Nikfar Sh, Larijani B, Abdollahi M. A review on the role of antioxidants in the management of diabetes and its complications. Biomed Pharmacother 2005; 59(7): 365-73.
18. Bagri P, Ali M, Aeri V, Bhowmik M, Sultana S. Antidiabetic effect of Punica granatum flowers: Effect on hyperlipidemia, pancreatic cells lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes in experimental diabetes. Food Chem Toxicol 2009; 47(1): 50-4.
19. Rosenblat M, Hayek T, Aviram M. Anti-oxidative effects of pomegranate juice (PJ) consumption by diabetic patients on serum and on macrophages. Atherosclerosis 2006; 187(2): 363-71.
20. Diwan H, Abdel-Hassan IA, Mohammed ST. Effect of saponin on mortality and istopathological changes in mice. East Mediterr Health J 2000; 6(2-3): 345-51.
21. Solar A, Colaric M, Usenik V, Stampar F. Seasonal variations of selected flavonoids, phenolic acids and quinones in annual shoots of common walnut (Juglans regia L.). Plant Sci 2006; 170(3): 453-61.