1. Benvenga S. Effects of L-carnitine on thyroid hormone metabolism and on physical exercise tolerance. Horm Metab Res 2005; 37(9): 566-71.
2. Novakova K, Kummer O, Bouitbir J, Stoffel SD, Hoerler-Koerner U, Bodmer M, et al. Effect of L-carnitine supplementation on the body carnitine pool, skeletal muscle energy metabolism and physical performance in male vegetarians. Eur J Nutr 2016; 55(1): 207-17.
3. Rafraf M, Karimi M, Jafari A. Effect of L-carnitine supplementation in comparison with moderate aerobic training on serum inflammatory parameters in healthy obese women. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 2015; 55(11): 1363-70.
4. Brass EP. Supplemental carnitine and exercise. Am J Clin Nutrition 2000; 72(2 Suppl): 618S-23S.
5. Borghi-Silva A, Baldissera V, Sampaio LM, Pires-DiLorenzo VA, Jamami M, Demonte A, et al. L-carnitine as an ergogenic aid for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease submitted to whole-body and respiratory muscle training programs. Braz J Med Biol Res 2006; 39(4): 465-74.
6. Giamberardino MA, Dragani L, Valente R, Di Lisa F, Saggini R, Vecchiet L. Effects of prolonged L-carnitine administration on delayed muscle pain and CK release after eccentric effort. Int J Sports Med 1996; 17(5): 320-4.
7. Siliprandi N, Di Lisa F, Pieralisi G, Ripari P, Maccari F, Menabo R, et al. Metabolic changes induced by maximal exercise in human subjects following L-carnitine administration. Biochim Biophys Acta 1990; 1034(1): 17-21.
8. Bacurau RF, Navarro F, Bassit RA, Meneguello MO, Santos RV, Almeida AL, et al. Does exercise training interfere with the effects of L-carnitine supplementation? Nutrition 2003; 19(4): 337-41.
9. Stephens FB, Constantin-Teodosiu D, Greenhaff PL. New insights concerning the role of carnitine in the regulation of fuel metabolism in skeletal muscle. J Physiol 2007; 581(Pt 2): 431-44.
10. Eroglu H, Senel O, Guzel NA. Effects of acute L-carnitine intake on metabolic and blood lactate levels of elite badminton players. Neuro Endocrinol Lett 2008; 29(2): 261-6.
11. Wyss V, Ganzit GP, Rienzi A. Effects of L-carnitine administration on VO2max and the aerobic-anaerobic threshold in normoxia and acute hypoxia. Eur J Appl Physiol 1990; 60(1): 1-6.
12. Nourshahi M, Kaviani M, Kimiagar M, Ebrahim K. The effects of acute L-carnitine supplementation on anaerobic threshold and lactate accumulation during an incremental exercise. Iran J Nutr Sci & Food Technol 2009; 4(2): 45-52.
13. Galloway SD, Craig TP, Cleland SJ. Effects of oral L-carnitine supplementation on insulin sensitivity indices in response to glucose feeding in lean and overweight/obese males. Amino Acids 2011; 41(2): 507-15.
14. Orer GE, Guzel NA. The effects of acute L-carnitine supplementation on endurance performance of athletes. J Strength Cond Res 2014; 28(2): 514-9.
15. Parandak K, Arazi H, Khoshkhahesh F, Nakhostin-Roohi B. The effect of two-week L-carnitine supplementation on exercise-induced oxidative stress and muscle damage. Asian J Sports Med 2014; 5(2): 123-8.
16. Gamze EO, Nevin AG. The Effects of Acute L-Carnitine Supplementation on Endurance Performance of Athletes. J Strength Cond Res 2013.
17. Keller J, Ringseis R, Koc A, Lukas I, Kluge H, Eder K. Supplementation with l-carnitine downregulates genes of the ubiquitin proteasome system in the skeletal muscle and liver of piglets. Animal 2012; 6(1): 70-8.