1. Definition of an older or elderly person. World Health Organization.Available at: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/ survey/ageingdefnolder/en/index.html.
2. Habibi A, Nemadi-Vosoughi M, Habibi S, Mohammadi M. Quality of life and prevalence of chronic illnesses among elderly people: A cross-sectional survey. J Health Hygiene 2012; 3(1): 58-66. [in Persain]
3. Abdollahi A, Hosseini S, Salehi A, Vaghari G, BehnamPour N. The risk factors of coronary disorders in the elderly. J Res Development Nurs Midwifery 2013; 10(2): 18-25. [in Persain]
4. Baek Y, Park K, Lee S, Jang E. The prevalence of general and abdominal obesity according to sasang constitution in Korea. BMC Complement Altern Med 2014; 14(1): 298.
5. Kataria SK, Srivastava I, Dadhich A. The study of anthropometric parameters to predict cardiovascular disease risk factors in adult population of western Rajasthan. J Anat Soc India 2010; 59(2): 211-5.
6. Esmaillzadeh A, Mirmiran P, Azizi F. Waist-to-hip ratio is a better screening measure for cardiovascular risk factors than other anthropometric indicators in Tehranian adult men. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2004; 28(10): 1325-32.
7. Fakhrzadeh H, Sharifi F. Cardiovascular diseases in the elderly. J Gorgan Uni Med Sci 2012; 14(3): 1-9. [in Persian]
8. Babatsikou F, Zavitsanou A. Epidemiology of hypertension in the elderly. Health Sci J 2010; 4(1): 24-30.
9. Guasch-Ferre M, Bullo M, Martýnez-Gonza´lez MA, Corella D, Estruch R, Covas M, et al. Waist-to-Height Ratio and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Elderly Individuals at High Cardiovascular Risk. PLOS One 2012; 7(8): 1-6.
10. Gelber RP, Gaziano JM, Orav EJ, Manson JE, Buring JE, Kurth T. Measures of obesity and cardiovascular risk among men and women. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 52(8): 605-15.
11. Hosseini SR, Cumming RG, Kheirkhah F, Nooreddini H, Baiani MA, Mikaniki E, et. al. Cohort profile: The Amirkola Health and Aging Project. Int J Epidemiol 2014; 43(5): 1393-400.
12. Hosseini SR, Zabihi A, Savadkohi S, Bijani A. Prevalencse of chronic diseases in elderly population in Amirkola (2006-2007). JBUMS 2008; 10(2): 68-75. [in Persian]
13. Zhang C, Rexrode KM, van Dam RM, Li TY, Hu FB. Abdominal obesity and the risk of all-cause, cardiovascular, and cancer mortality: sixteen years of follow-up in US women. Circulation 2008; 117(13): 1658-67.
14. CDC Report: Vital Signs: Awareness and Treatment of Uncontrolled Hypertension Among Adults-United States, 2003–2010. 2012; 61(35): 703-9.
15. Lysen L, Israel D. Nutrition for Health and Fitness. In: Mahan LK, Escott-Stump S, Raymond JL. Krause's food and the nutrition care process. 13th ed. 2012. p. 461-559.
16. Christensen K, Doblhammer G, Rau R, Vaupel JW. Ageing populations: the challenges ahead. Lancet 2009; 374(9696): 1196-208.
17. Despres JP. Body Fat Distribution and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease: An Update. Circulation; 2012; 126(10): 1301-13.
18. Kotian GB, Kedilaya P. BMI is the Best Anthropometric Index to Predict Cardiovascular Disease Risks in Young Adult Females. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2013; 22(1): 188-91.
19. Goh LG, Dhaliwal SS, We lborn TA, Lee AH, Della PR. Anthropometric measurements of general and central obesity and the prediction of cardiovascular disease risk in women: a cross-sectional study. BMJ Open 2014; 4(2): e004138.
20. Knowles KM, Paiva LL, Sanchez SE, Revilla L, Lopez T, Yasuda MB, et al. Waist Circumference, Body Mass Index, and OtherMeasures of Adiposity in Predicting Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors among Peruvian Adults. Int J Hypertension 2011; 931402.
21. Ho SY, Lam TH, Janus ED. Waist to stature ratio is more strongly associated with cardiovascular risk factors than other simple anthropometric indices. Ann Epidemiol 2003; 13(10): 683-91.
22. Lee CM, Huxley RR, Wildman RP, Woodward M. Indices of abdominal obesity are better discriminators of cardiovascular risk factors than BMI: a meta-analysis. J Clin Epidemiol 2008; 61(7): 646-53.
23. Turcato E, Bosello O, Di Francesco V, Harris TB, Zoico E, Bissoli L, et al. Waist circumference and abdominal sagittal diameter as surrogates of body fat distribution in the elderly: their relation with cardiovascular risk factors. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2000; 24(8): 1005-10.
24. Schmidt FM, Weschenfelder J, Sander C, Minkwitz J, Thormann J, Chittka T, et al. Inflammatory Cytokines in General and Central Obesity and Modulating Effects of Physical Activity. PLoS One 2015; 10(3): e0121971.