1. Wood-Dauphinee S. The epidemiology of stroke: relevance for physical therapists. Physiother Can 1985; 37: 377-86.
2. Rosenfalck A, Andreassen S. Impaired regulation of force and firing pattern of single motor units in patients with spasticity. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1980; 43(10): 907-16.
3. Bortz WM. Disuse and aging. In: Hausdorff JM, Alexander NB, Editors. Gait disorders: evaluation and management. New York: Taylor & Francis; 2005. p. 1203-8.
4. Horak FB, Henry SM, Shumway-Cook A. Postural perturbation: New insight for treatment of balance disorders. Phys Ther 1997; 77(5): 517-33.
5. Tyson S, Hanley M, Chillala J, Selley A, Tallis RC. Balance disability after stroke. Phys Ther 2006; 86(1): 30-8.
6. Da Cunha IT, Lim PA, Qureshy H, Henson H, Monga T, Protas EJ. Gait outcomes after acute stroke rehabilitation with supported treadmill ambulation training: a randomized controlled pilot study. Arch Physical Med Rehabil 2002; 83(9): 1258-65.
7. Davies JM, Mayston MJ, Newham DJ. Electrical and mechanical output of the knee muscles during isometric and isokinetic activity in stroke and healthy adults. Disabil Rehabil 1996; 18(2): 83-90.
8. Kisner C, Colby LA. Therapeutic exercise: foundation and techniques. 3rd ed. NewDehli: Jaypee Brothers; 1996. p. 386-495.
9. de Haart M, Geurts AC, Huidekoper SC, Fasotti L, van Limbeek J. Recovery of standing balance inpost-acutestrokepatients: a rehabilitation cohort study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2004; 85(6): 886-95.
10. Piriduso W. Physical dimension of aging. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics; 1995. p. 30-90.
11. Macko RF, Ivey FM, Forrester LW. Task-Oriented Aerobic Exercise in Chronic Hemi paretic Stroke: Training Protocols and Treatment Effects. Top Stroke Rehabil 2005; 12(1): 45–57.
12. Akbari A, Karimi H, Kazemnegad A, Ghabaii M. The Effects of Strengthening Exercises on Exaggerated Muscle Tonicity on the Chronic Hemiparesis Patients after Stroke. J Rafsanjan Univ Med Sci 2004; 3(3): 199-206. [in Persian]
13. Tanaka S, Hachisuka K, Ogata H. Muscle strength of trunk flexion-extension in post-stroke hemiplegic patients. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 1998; 77(4): 288-90.
14. Lusardi MM, Pellecchia GL, Schulman M. Functional Performance in Community Living older Adults. J Geriatr Phys Ther 2003; 26(3): 14-22.
15. Sadeghi H, Alirezaei F. The effect of a water exercise program on static and dynamic balance infielder women. Salmand 2008; 2(6): 402-9. [in Persian]
16. Resende SM, Rassi CM, Viana FP. Effects of hydrotherapy in balance and prevention of falls among elderly women. Rev Bras Fisioter, São Carlos 2008; 12(1): 57-63.
17. Aimee E, Michael G, Marc R, Donna R, Brenda L. Comparisons of Static and Dynamic Balance Following Training in Aquatic and Land Environments. J Sport Rehabil 2006; 15(4): 293-9.
18. Aslankhani MA, Farsi AR, Sohbatiha M. The effect of aquatic exercise on balance and gait characteristics of healthy elderly inactive men. J Res Rehab Sci 2012; 8(2): 279. [in Persian]
19. Park J, Lee D, Lee S, Lee C, Yoon J, Lee M, et al. Comparison of the effects of exercise by chronic stroke patients in aquatic and land environments. J Phys Ther Sci 2011; 23(5): 821-4.
20. Motta M. The Effects of Aquatic and Land-based Exercise on Balance and Gait in People Post Stroke. California State University, Northridge; 2012. p. 19-60.
21. Duncan PW, Weiner DK, Chandler J, Studenski S. Functional reach: a new clinical measure of balance. J Gerontol 1990; 45(6): M192-7.
22. Cotton RT. American Council on Exercise. Exercise for older adults: Ace's guide for fitness professionals. Canada: Human Kinetics; 1998.
23. Ghasemi E, Shayegannejad V, Sedighi M, Bakhshi Zadeh, Hossein pour A. A Comparative Study about Effectiveness of an Exercise therapy Program on Improvement of gait and Balance in Left and Right Hemiplegia. J Res Rehab Sci 2012; 8(2): 75-61. [in Persian]
24. Hoseinabadi MR, Taheri HR, Keavanloo F, Seyedahmadi M, Mohamadinia M, Pejhan A. The effects of physical therapy on exaggerated muscle tonicity, balance and quality of life on hemiparetic patients due to stroke. J Pak Med Assoc 2013; 63(6): 735-8.
25. Hashemi Javaheri AA, Nouriyan A, Zandi M, Khanzade R, Kodabakshi M. The effect of combined isometric and isotonic exercises on brain stroke patients static balance. J Evidence Based Care 2012; 2(1): 55-63. [in Persian]
26. Srivastava A, Taly AB, Gupta A, Kumar S, Murali T. Post-stroke balance training: Role of force platform with visual feedback technique. J Neurol Sci 2009; 287(1-2): 89-93.
27. Tung FL, Yang YR, Lee CC, Wang RY. Balance outcomes after additional sit-to-stand training insubjects with stroke: a randomized controlled trial. J Clinrehabil 2010; 24(6): 533–42.
28. Dong KN, Jae-Young L, Hyung-Ik S, Nam-Jong P. The effect of aquatic therapy on postural balance and muscle strength in stroke survivors. Clin Rehabil 2008; 22(10-11): 966-76.
29. Bhupendra Shah S, Jayavant S. Study of balance training in ambulatory hemiplegics. Indian J Occup Ther 2006; 8(1): 32.
30. Sharp SA, Brouwer BJ. Isokinetic strength training of the hemi paretic knee: Effects on function and spasticity. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1997; 78(11): 1231-6.
31. Hamzat tal-hatu K, Fashoyin Oyinlola F. Balance retraining in post stroke patients using a simple, effective and affordable technique. Afr J Neurol Sci 2002;