1. Boling M, Padua D, Marshall S, Guskiewicz K, Pyne S, Beutler A. Gender differences in the incidence and prevalence of patellofemoral pain syndrome. Scand J Med Sci Sports 2010; 20(5): 725-30.
2. Boling MC, Bolgla LA, Mattacola CG, Uhl TL, Hosey RG. Outcomes of a weight-bearing rehabilitation program for patients diagnosed with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2006; 87(11): 1428-35.
3. Yalfani A. comparison of two method water exercise and Physiotherapy on function, walking and dynamic control of people with osteoarthritis. J Res Rehab Sci 2011; 8, 329-36.] in Persian[
4. Babakhani F, Roomiany S, Khamoshian K, Rezaei J. Effect of aquatic and land-based exercise programs on the pain and motor function of weight lifters with patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Kermanshah Univ Med Sci 2015; 19(4): 173-80. [in Persian[
5. LaBella C. Patellofemoral pain syndrome: evaluation and treatment. Prim Care 2004; 31(4): 977-1003.
6. Earl JE, Hoch AZ. A proximal strengthening program improves pain, function, and biomechanics in women with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Am J Sports Med 2011; 39(1): 154-63.
7. Bates A. Aquatic exercise therapy. WB Saunders Company; 1996.
8. Powers CM, Landel R, Perry J. Timing and intensity of vastus muscle activity during functional activities in subjects with and without patellofemoral pain. Physical Therapy 1996; 76(9): 946-55.
9. Rathleff MS, Vicenzino B, Middelkoop M, Graven-Nielsen T, van Linschoten R, Hölmich P, et al. Patellofemoral pain in adolescence and adulthood: same, but different?. Sports Med 2015; 45(11): 1489-95.
10. Sawatsky A, Bourne D, Horisberger M, Jinha A, Herzog W. Changes in patellofemoral joint contact pressures caused by vastus medialis muscle weakness. Clin Biomechanics 2012; 27(6): 595-601.
11. Selhorst M, Rice W, Degenhart T, Jackowski M, Tatman M. Evaluation of a treatment algorithm for patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome: a pilot study. Int J Sports Phys Therapy 2015; 10(2): 178.
12. Aminaka N, Gribble PA. Patellar taping, patellofemoral pain syndrome, lower extremity kinematics, and dynamic postural control. J Athl Train 2008; 43(1): 21-8.
13. Jan MH, Wei TC, Song CY. Comparisons of quadriceps strength training, taping, and stretching on clinical outcomes in patients with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. J Biomechanics 2007 40(2): S410.
14. Kooroshfard N, Alizadeh MH. Kahrizi S. Comparison of dynamic balance Futsalist women for patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome and healthy subjects. J Sports Medicine. 2009;2(2):55-68.]in Persian[
15. Mokhtari-Nia HR, Ebrahimi E, Salavati M. Comparative Criteria Study of Dynamic Balancing in Pateints with Patello-Femoral Pain. J Rehabil 2005; 6(3): 33-7.] in Persian[
16. Proske U, Schaible HG, Schmidt RF. Joint receptors and kinesthesia. Exp Brain Res 1988; 72(2): 219-24.
17. Bagheri S, Bayat MR, Halabchi F. The effect of 8-week exercise program on patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Res Rehabil Sci 2011; 7: 21-7.] in Persian[
18. Yalfani A, Raisi Z. Comparison of two methods for strengthening the quadriceps muscle in land and water environments on pain, function, static and dynamic balance in women with Femoral Syndrome. Studies Sports Med 2013; 13: 91-108. ]in Persian[
19. Crossley K, Bennell K, Green S, Cowan S, McConnell J. Physical therapy for patellofemoral pain. Am J Sports Med 2002; 30(6): 857-65.
20. Tavakkol, Aida, Student, Sahib Alzamani. Effect of 6 weeks of water therapy on two different depths on static and pain levels in girls with patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Rehabil Med 2016; 5(3): 111-8. ]in Persian[
21. Bennell K, Bartam S, Crossley K, Green S. Outcome measures in patellofemoral pain syndrome: test retest reliability and inter-relationships. Phys Therapy Sport 2000; 1(2): 32-41.
22. Callaghan MJ, Selfe J, Bagley PJ, Oldham JA. The effects of patellar taping on knee joint proprioception. J Athl Train 2002; 37(1): 19.
23. Witvrouw E, Sneyers C, Lysens R, Victor J, Bellemans J. Reflex response times of vastus medialis oblique and vastus lateralis in normal subjects and in subjects with patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 1996; 24(3): 160-5.
24. Clark DI, Downing N, Mitchell J, Coulson L, Syzpryt EP, Doherty M. Physiotherapy for anterior knee pain: a randomised controlled trial. Ann Rheum Dis 2000; 59(9): 700-4.
25. Cowan SM, Bennell KL, Crossley KM, Hodges PW, McConnell J. Physical therapy alters recruitment of the vasti in patellofemoral pain syndrome. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2002; 34(12): 1879-85.
26. O'Leary S, Carroll M, Mellor R, Scott A, Vicenzino B. The effect of soft tissue deloading tape on thoracic spine pressure pain thresholds in asymptomatic subjects. Manual Ther 2002; 7(3): 150-3.
27. McConnell J. The physical therapist's approach to patellofemoral disorders. Clin Sports Med 2002; 21(3): 363-87.
28. Faul F, Erdfelder E, Lang AG, Buchner A. G* Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behav Res Methods 2007; 39(2): 175-91.
29. Rinne MB, Pasanen ME, Miilunpalo SI, Oja P. Test-retest reproducibility and inter-rater reliability of a motor skill test battery for adults. Int J Sports Med 2001; 22(3): 192-200.
30. Kujala UM, Kettunen J, Paananen H, Aalto T, Battié MC, Impivaara O, et al. Knee osteoarthritis in former runners, soccer players, weight lifters, and shooters. Arthritis Rheumatol 1995; 38(4): 539-46.
31. Baluchi R, Giasi A, Naderi A. A survey of selective movement therapy effectiveness on dynamic postural control of patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome.]in Persian[
32. Freedman SR, Brody LT, Rosenthal M, Wise JC. Short-term effects of patellar kinesio taping on pain and hop function in patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Sports Health 2014; 6(4): 294-300.
33. Araújo CG, Macedo CD, Ferreira D, Shigaki L, da Silva RA. Mcconnell’s patellar taping does not alter knee and hip muscle activation differences during proprioceptive exercises: A randomized placebo-controlled trial in women with patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Electromyogr Kinesiol 2016; 31: 72-80.
34. Mehrpour, Ali Asghar. Effect of Water Exercise Program on Static and Dynamic Equilibrium of Men with Pain Pain Syndrome. Second National Conference on Biomechanics Sport Technology 2012] in Persian [
35. Dolak KL, Silkman C, McKeon JM, Hosey RG, Lattermann C, Uhl TL. Hip strengthening prior to functional exercises reduces pain sooner than quadriceps strengthening in females with patellafemoral pain syndrome: a randomized clinical trial. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 2011; 41(8): 560-70.
36. Piva SR. Association Between Impairments and Function in Individuals with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (Doctoral dissertation, University of Pittsburgh).
37. Christou EA. Patellar taping increases vastus medialis oblique activity in the presence of patellofemoral pain. J Electromyogr Kinesiol 2004; 14(4): 495-504.
38. Ernst GP, Kawaguchi J, Saliba E. Effect of patellar taping on knee kinetics of patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 1999; 29(11): 661-7.
39. Herrington L, Al-Shehri AS. Comparison of single and multiple joint quadriceps exercise in anterior knee pain rehabilitation. Phys Ther Sport 2006; 7(4): 171.
40. Overington M, Goddard D, Hing W. A critical appraisal and literature critique on the effect of patellar taping--is patellar taping effective in the treatment of patellofemoral pain syndrome?. New Zealand J Physiotherapy 2006; 34(2): 32-45.